“Nice Upgrade! Great staff!”

Holiday Inn Express McDonough
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in McDonough
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My co-workers and I arrived, and we were immediately upgraded due to our PC status. I received a jacuzzi suite on the first floor which was incredible. The jacuzzi did not seem to work, but the space in the room overcame that small detail. The pool was an excellent resource for exercise to mix it up from the workout room. I would definitely stay at this hotel again...even for personal reasons! The staff was also very friendly when we checked in. Sometimes that is not the norm on my business travels.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
GeneralManager83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our hotel. We greatly appreciate your kind words regarding your recent stay. We strive to provide excellent customer service to each guest and are thrilled to know we succeed with you and your co worker.

I will make sure to share your kinds words with the rest of the staff so they know all of their hard work is noticed and appreciated!

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

On the way to savannah we stopped over for one night, great location bang on the highway but very quiet. Rooms are spacious and clean with great showers and there ate plenty of restaurants near by to grab a bite to eat.

We paid $80 for a king size including breakfast which is great value

• Stayed: July 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel, thank you. Everyday we work hard as a team to ensure our guests know they are appreciated and it is always a wonderful feeling knowing we succeeded.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express on our way down to Disney World in early June. It is about 25 miles south of Atlanta, which gets you out of the craziness that is involved in the traffic of the city. I must say that this hotel is very good for the price you pay. The staff at check in and check out was great- no issues. The room was very clean and quiet- I don't think we ever heard a peep from any neighbors. The room had 2 queen beds and a full size sofa sleeper, so we had plenty of room. The price was very reasonable as well- and you'd actually expect to pay much more for a room like this.

The pool was nice and not crowded at all. It's an indoor pool and the kids had a blast. The hot tub was nice as well. My wife got in it and she enjoyed it. She did say that it was a bit on the hot side, but it didn't seem to stop her from staying in it to soak for a while.

The continental breakfast the next morning was good. They had sausage and eggs for hot items, as well as all the items you'd expect on a typical continental breakfast, including fresh fruit, bagels, toast, cereal, and juices.

The location was great as far as restaurants and shopping are concerned. There was a Chik-fil-a in the parking lot right next to the hotel, which was nice. There were also several nice restaurants as well as fast food on the same exit, with several options for shopping in the same area. If we had more time, we would have explored a bit more, but we had to get up and go to Orlando the next morning. One last thing- the free wi-fi was also very good- strong signal and no issues with access.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Courtney H
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I was going to Florida and wanted to stop out of Atlanta. This is a great hotel everything was clean breakfast was great. As for the value its not the cheapest place ($120) but I'd rather spend more and have a good night then go to a cheap motel and have bed bugs.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank TheAmericanTraveller
Reviewed April 16, 2011

On our way back to Michigan from Florida over Spring Break, we kept getting stuck in some horrible traffic. We had hoped to make it as far as Tennessee on our first night but due to traffic backup near Atlanta, we decided to get a room and leave early the next morning. We are Holiday Inn Express fans so at the last minute we saw a sign and got off the expressway in McDonough which is south of Atlanta. This must be a fairly new Holiday Inn Express because it just looked clean and new. We got a double queen for $130 a night (be prepared to have state, city, county and maybe a few other taxes added.) The room was so clean and very comfortable. I love the bedding and the pillows. The kids had a blast in the pool. I never like to swim in public pools but I was coerced into joining the family and I was glad I did. The pool area was clean, the pool was comfortable and not crowded. We all had such a nice and relaxing night that it was no problem driving another 16 hours the next day. This hotel is on a stretch of road with so many different restaurants and shopping right across the street. My only complaint would be that we had a room facing this said road and the traffic noise woke me up now and again. So, if staying, request a room on the back side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a back side room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kimbill97
GeneralManager83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will make sure to pass along your comments to the rest of the staff so they know their hard work and dedication is noticed and appreciated by our guests. It is guests like you, who take the time to share positive thoughts, that encourage our staff to always deliver excellent customer service.

We hope you had a wonderful vacation and hope to see you at our hotel again.

Reviewed April 15, 2011

We stayed here for a family gathering that we would just as soon have missed. What a wonderful compensation this place was for our situation! It is modern and very, very clean with nice sized rooms, including the bathroom. The bed and pillows were comfortable, the amenities generous, and the microwave and refrigerator were great pluses. It was obvious that the staff take great pride in this place. We enjoyed the pool, hot tub and fitness room, all very clean and in working order. The spa bubbles were not strong, by the way, but it was plenty hot. The breakfast was adequate, as free hotel breakfasts usually are - pancake machine fun. Our only problem was the a/c air blew strongly right across the bed and we got either hot or cold when we tried to adjust it. This is in a congested area along I-75, but once inside, we never noticed it. It's a little tricky with the traffic sometimes, coming and going; but if you want convenience to the highway in a nice hotel, this is it. Also, we got a good last minute AAA rate to stay here, especially considering we had a king suite with plenty of furniture, including a fold out couch. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: No view available, that I could see.
Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share this information with us. Please know that my staff and I strive everyday to provide excellent customer service and it when we know we have succeeded it gives us a wonderful sense of accomplishment.

We hope to see you with us again soon! Have a safe summer vacation.

Reviewed March 23, 2011

Bad experience from check in mis-information as to room location and regulation of pool hours. Pool was to close at 11pm and children were screaming in the pool area up until I called at 1230am. My complaints were not addressed properly by the staff but worse yet the general manager herself. After an email on the weekend and complaints at the front desk, I still had to call back and attempt to address the complaint. I so far have had no satisfaction with the handling of my complaint and would never suggest staying on the first floor of this property if it was the only place you could stay. I would have slept better in my car.

National Priority Club membership was no additional help and I have contacted national corporation about this experience. The property appears new but is in need of qualified management or a change of present management.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank FortMyersDeem
GeneralManager83, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We strive to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests. However, we understand that sometimes, regardless of what we do to resolve an issue it doesn't make up for your inconvienence.

It has been our experience that when people travel with sports teams they understand their hotel stay will not be as quiet as normal. We try our best to help monitor the teams/groups to prevent any issues but ultimately the parents and coaches are responsible for maintaining order within their groups.

We wish you the best of luck with your future travels.