“Enjoyable stay for the level hotel we were in. Most hotels...”

Howard Johnson McDonough GA

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This hotel is overpriced and Bob Patel; the hotel manager is not in the business of good customer service. I was quoted one rate for my short stay there and paid that daily rate. I just happened to call in and was told the rate was actually cheaper. I took this to the manager Bob and he actually threatened to call the police on me. This is a very outdated hotel and has no updated amenities. I wouldn't advise anyone to waste their money on this hotel. Bob Patel nor his wife have no customer service skills and care only about making a dollar!!! I could see if the hotels were halfway decent, but they are ANCIENT!! Bob Patel gets the "worst hotel manager of the year award." Steer clear of this nasty and filthy place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had a bus tour group of 35 booked into the Howard Johnson’s Hotel in Torrey, UT on Saturday October 6th.
Several months ago I had made a contract for the rooms, sent along my rooming list and then called a week before to double check everything.
I talked about the fact that I was going to need baggage handling for the group and they agreed that they would handle that.
I normally get baggage handling for my groups and pay the hotel for it, so when they agreed to take care of the baggage handling, I took their word on it.
When we got to the hotel October 6th the hotel refused to handle the bags so we had to take care of it ourselves. I then begged the hotel to help me out for the next morning. The person behind the desk put me on the phone with someone in management and the hotel agreed to have housekeeping help with baggage for the morning check out. I even spoke to the housekeeping people about which rooms and what time. In the morning – no baggage handling, the owner of the property refused to let housekeeping help out, so again we had to take care of our own luggage which is quite a bit on a 10 day tour. My clients are still irritated and I am going to have to reimburse them for their inconvenience. I am really upset with your hotel chain - I have 3 different tour bused going into Howard Johnson Hotels this week and have serious concerns about the service I should expect. I definitely won’t be booking any more of your hotel until I feel a lot more comfortable with your management. The Torrey UT incident was really ugly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business