“Discrimination ”

Southern Belle Farm
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in McDonough
More attraction details
Owner description: Southern Belle Farm in McDonough, GA, (south Atlanta metro) is a 200-acre working farm, with U Pick strawberries, pumpkins, a corn maze, and old-fashioned family fun. Hosting educational field trips, weddings, birthday parties and facilities to host corporate group events year round.
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Very dissapointed with this place!! Do not come here!! I came here with my family a totally felt discriminated against when i tried to re-enter with my service dog! Yes i said RE-ENTER i went in once and went back out to get water for my service dog and was not allowed to go back in after they has clearly seen the dog the 1st time. Clearly this place is jot sympathetic to anyone with a disability requiring a service animal! Yes my service pet was leashed and had her vest one! My advice to you pick another place any other but this one!!!

jake c, Owner at Southern Belle Farm, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

We apologize that we are just now seeing this review. We are truly sorry that you had this experience. We do allow service animals here at the farm. You should have never been told that you could not come into the farm with your service animal and this is a reminder that we could certainly do a better job on training our staff on this policy. We hope that you accept our apologies.

All reviews
"tractor ride"
"fun place to visit"
"hay rides"

Reviewed July 5, 2018

We had so much fun. We picked our own peaches. There weren't any blueberries while we were there. I did get some blackberries though. The prices were very good. They took us on a trolley car out to the fields. They also sold jars of fruit and also fresh fruit and I thought those prices were really good. We are back home and enjoying all the stuff we got.

jake c, Owner at Southern Belle Farm, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Thank you for your kind review! We're so glad you enjoyed our U-pick peaches and blackberries. We hope you'll be back for our fall season!

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

I always enjoy going here to pick strawberries, however they are getting very expensive and the way they have changed the set up is inconvenient . They are becoming too much of a tourist place instead of keeping the family environment they advertise .

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review and to let us know of some areas that we can improve upon. We certainly have been blessed with growth over the past couple of years thanks to loyal guests just like yourself. The Carter family takes great pride in the family farm that’s been in our family for the past 80 years and are hopeful that it will continue for another 80. Thanks again for the constructive criticism as it’s moments like this that we can continue to focus on areas that we need to improve in order to insure that our family farm will be one that you and your family will continue to visit and make memories.

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

My parents took my 4 yr old son to the farm and he loooooooooved it. They had strawberry Ice cream, rode around the farm, pet animals and slid down the hive slide. He had an amazing time. My dad picked 2 bushels and bought 2 more. They came back with the best strawberries and a lot of them. I look forward to going back soon.

We're so glad your family was able to enjoy our attractions and fruit picking. Thank you for your review; we hope you can make it out next time. See you soon!