“Great staff, felt like home!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in McDonough
Williamson, Georgia
“Great staff, felt like home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

First let me compliment the staff at this hotel. They treat you like family. All the staff we encountered were friendly. The breakfast host, Emma was gem ! She went out of her way to make sure everyone had everything they needed. She had a very large crowd, she managed everything very well. She really needs to be recognized for the wonderful job she does. They offered a wide variety of food (real food), more than any other complimentary hotel I have been to.
They have done a good job maintaining the hotel. The bed was very comfortable and I loved the pillows. Our kids really enjoyed the indoor pool. My family and I will most definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CIS-McDonough, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review!!! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.I will be sure to share your survey with Emma, she will be delighted to hear you mentioned her by name. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to McDonough, GA.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

S we checked in and were greeted by an old man that was challenged to use a pc. After about 10 minutes we were up to our room. We sat down tried plugging in some devices to charge them and some of the outlets wouldnt even hold the plugs in, and then we noticed we had visitors in the room, ants... The kids went to the pool, which was pretty un maintained, while i got another room. We went up to the new room and noticed there were multie hairs on the pillows. Head hairs, went to the desk to get more pillow covers. And while changing the covers noticed a blood stains on one if the pillows. This, the hair on the sheets, and the cold air return that hadnt been dusted in years was the last draw. The first rooms bathroom was dusted and all the lint was all over the bathroom. Needles to say we had to drive almost an hour to find another room... it was worth it. Keep driving dont stay here. It is run down and the lack of staff training shows.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CIS-McDonough, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

My in laws reserved 2 rooms for a last minute visit to McDonough. The hotel is off I-75 so the view left little to be desired. When the elevator opened to the third floor you were greeted with the smell of cigarette smoke which lingered the entire floor. Apparently we booked a non guaranteed room and the hotel was completely booked. We were told we can get the room sprayed with air freshener which was nice but we then had to call to remind them. We also did not have a single towel in our room. This also took awhile to get. My in laws room next door had a big iron burn stain on the carpet. The two nights were only tolerable when you didn't wake in the middle of the night and have to try to go back to sleep with the smoke smell. For a group of non smokers this is not an easy thing to do. I've stayed at Country Inns before and this was the worst of the bunch.

Stayed May 2014
CIS-McDonough, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for John Reynolds General Manager.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

This place is run down, the desk attendant was rude, and the beds were extremely uncomfortable. The shower had black mold and even a razor head from a previous guest was left in there...very disappointing. We did stay at the same hotel chain the next night in Florida and it was 10 times better!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ckb4
CIS-McDonough, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I just tried to book through Country Inn via telephone and was hung up on. When I first asked about another websites lower price there was silence until I said hello, the rep the responded and when I repeated my question I was hung up on. Terriable customer service.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CIS-McDonough, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Tabitha D,

I am so sorry to hear about your recent experience when trying to book a Country Inn & Suites Room. It is our goal at both Country Inn & Suites and this hotel to takie care of each one of our guest the best way possible. I am very surprised to hear that someone in our Organization was possibly rude to you as we do not and will not tolerate such behavior. Would you please call, 770-957-0082, or email, john.reynolds@countryinns.com, me to discuss this issue in more detail please?
Shelbyville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here after a long day of driving, so this hotel was a welcome sight! The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The King size bed was very comfortable. I can't say that about the pull-out couch, but my kids slept well. Breakfast was standard but very good and there were lots of choices. Emma, the extremely nice lady at breakfast, was so helpful and went above and beyond making us comfortable. She even brought out warm pastries and muffins and took them to each table. Having never been at one of these Country Inn hotels, I was impressed with the homey decor in the lobby. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank TravelinMomma77
CIS-McDonough, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.I have shared your compliments with Emma, and she was honored that you mentioned her by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize her for a job well done! We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to McDonough, GA.
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Great value for the money, great food for breakfast, incredibly friendly staff, very quiet, comfortable bed, overall wonderful stay. When I checked in, I asked for a crib for my daughter. Before I had even grabbed my bags and taken the kids out of the car, there was a crib in my room. I can't tell you how much I appreciated being able to put my daughter down as soon as we got in the room. They really went out of their way to make the night comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CIS-McDonough, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Wow! We are deeply appreciative of your positive review of our Hotel & Team! We appreciate your visit to us an sharing this recommendation! You are welcome to come back anytime!