“A place we would stay again”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in McDonough
Dubuque, Iowa
“A place we would stay again”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My family and I had just spent about 15 hours driving straight through to GA as we would be heading down to Florida the next day. When we stopped at this hotel for the night, we were creating by Raquel at the front desk. The check in was simple and easy. The best part was the room they put us in. It was huge and accommodated our family very well. Our boys had a room for themselves and my wife and I had one for ourselves also. What a great way to end a long day. The next morning we were greeted by "Grandma Emma" in the breakfast area. What a great smile and out look on life she has. Grandma Emma was extremely friendly and would bring our family food items that were freshly made and hot. She took the time to talk with my family and get to know us before we started the rest of our journey. The hotel was very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. Best night sleep in a long time. Remember, the building is just that, a building. It's the staff / people that make this hotel one that we would stay at again.

Room Tip: Ask for the double king suite. It's the best room in the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CIS-McDonough, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Wow! We are deeply appreciative of your positive review of our Hotel & Team! We appreciate your visit to us an sharing this recommendation! So happy to hear you enojyed the suite. I shared your review with Raquel and Emma. They were ecstatic to hear you mentioned them by name!! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done! Hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to McDonough, GA.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Orlando, Florida, USA
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Nice, quaint hotel near Atlanta. The staff was friendly and they let us check in early too which was great. Rooms were clean and well kept. It was quite too. It was nothing special, but I have no complaints.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to McDonough, GA.
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My first impression of this hotel was fairly good. The outside was nice as was the a majority of the inside. The hotel is older and it was easy to tell. However, the hotel was clean and so were the rooms! I have very few complaints of this hotel except that it was not as 'nice' as say a Holiday Inn Express. In the same respect, it was also not as expensive! We paid only $50 for a one night with two double beds. I was pleased with the price we paid and what we got. One of the only complaints that I have is that the room was HOT when we arrived and took practically all night long to get cooled off. I'm sure this was to save on the electric bill. In the end, it didn't bother me enough not to return because most hotels do the same thing. Now, onto the best part! I am a stickler for a 'free' breakfast so I was ready to eat. The food was pretty good but what made my experience even better was THE STAFF! The nice lady in charge of the breakfast was AMAZING! She had everything stocked so well and even brought over fresh biscuits and pastries to our table as she was done cooking them! And when extra people from our party came down to eat she started moving the tables around to accommodate our large party. We even started cleaning up our dishes and she told us to stop and that it was her job to please us. She was so friendly and so easy to talk to. We loved her spirit and her service so much that we left her a tip on the table! I would stay at this hotel again just to see her. I sure wish I had gotten her name.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CIS-McDonough, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience with us! We are very happy to read that you enjoyed staying with us and found the room to be satisfactory! Regarding your note about the temperature of the room. We are participating in the "green hotels" striving to be more environmentally friendly through the efficient use of energy, water, and materials.
We truly apologize and can relate as to why this would be frustrating to you.

Wow! We are deeply appreciative of your positive review of our Hotel & Team! Ms.Emma was the breakfast hostess during your stay with us. I have shared your compliments with Emma, and she was honored that you mentioned her. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize her for a job well done!

I
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night & found the hotel from trip advisor. The hotel looks newer on the outside but the rooms or a little old but clean. The walls are very, very thin & the people above me were heard all night long. I could hear someone else shower & others conversations. The price was good & the cleanliness of the hotel was great. If the inside is ever re- modeled please find a way to insulate the walls better.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to McDonough, GA.
Tierra Verde, Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We arrived, after driving nine hours, at this hotel, which was recommended by two other local hoteliers, because it allows pets (and we were travelling with our small dog). We arrived without a reservation and were offered a room directly above the reception area. This came with its own problems. We thought at the time it was thunder, but the front door opening and closing was an annoyance all night long. The walls are paper thin and we heard guests on all three sides of our room doing all sorts of things. Not fun. The room size, it was a suite, was generous and the bathroom was well lit and clean, as was the bedroom area. The sitting area was dark and the couch seemed well worn, even dirty. We did not sit on it. The lighting in the room was not adequate in the living room at all and the lamps in the bedroom were low watt, as well. It felt cold from that standpoint. The TV had terrible reception, too. The lobby was nice, clean, and inviting, and we enjoyed having coffee in the morning, with to-go cups provided, which we like. The rate seemed high to us, but we were tired and somewhat desperate, given that we were traveling with a pet. We had some difficulty with the HVAC settings and ended up turning the system off (due to the extreme cold air and noise of the system). My husband is an engineer, so for him to have problems with setting a thermostat, suggests there was, indeed, a problem. From the outside, the hotel has a nice appearance. However, upon walking our dog, there did not seem to be any pet station with bags (although we had our own) and the exterior lighting was poor, given that the hotel is located next to a truck stop, which felt a bit unsafe. If traveling with a pet, it might be a viable option, but request a quiet room, away from the front entrance, and request a room, not a suite, if available and not needed. Bring your own pet supplies. We appreciate that this hotel was pet friendly. We do. It just wasn't as "people" friendly as it could have been with the quality of the room, lighting, and noise. We did not stay for the complimentary breakfast, so no comment there.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the front to limit noise of opening and closing of automatic front door. Br...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CIS-McDonough, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel on your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly and ask for the General Manager.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hotel was clean. Breakfast was great. Room was clean, good size, and good TV. The best feature is the staff. They went out of their way to help our family have a great stay. Our battery died in our van, and someone on staff helped us jump start it and drove with me to go buy a new one.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CIS-McDonough, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! Our number one goal is customer service. I am pleased to see our staff went above and beyond your expectations. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to McDonough, GA.
Hampton, Georgia
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We like like to recommend this hotel to anyone. Entering the hotel it felt LIKE home the staff (which I didn't get help name), but I check in around 4:00pm on Saturday 10-19. She was very helpful even with our daughter's. Advise us about the hotel amenities and what stores were near by. Hotel was VERY peaceful. We really enjoyed the nice size rooms & the indoor pool. Breakfast staff were very nice and polite as well. She clean up immediately after each guest finish with their breakfast. I wish I knew the front desk clerk name, but the only thing I could remember is that she has a 5 year old daughter. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING OUR STAY PLEASANT. KEEP THAT POSITIVE / FRIENDLY ATTITUDE UP... BECAUSE IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CIS-McDonough, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
WOW, Thank you so much for the great review!! We are thrilled to see you enjoyed you stay with us. Raquel was the front desk agent working during that time. She will be thrilled to see your review. It also gives me a chance to recognize her for a job well done. We hope to see you again soon.