“Staff Make The Difference”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in McDonough
Oakville, Canada
“Staff Make The Difference”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I would not normally review a hotel based on a one night stay, however, the staff at this hotel deserve recognition for making a difference. I booked this hotel by mistake thinking it was located at another exit closer to family we were visiting during Christmas. It ended up the location was only added a few minutes to the drive to our family’s home, therefore was not a problem. The hotel is a standard Country Inn & Suites property. Some of the furnishings are in need of replacement. Not that they are bad but are just at the stage they need to be replaced. The best thing about this hotel is the staff. From the time you walk in the door until you exit, staff are always say hello, asking if they can help, or just being pleasant overall. The lady who oversees the breakfast area is amazing. She is so friendly and loves what she does. I cannot remember a hotel stay where staff have been so memorable. Thank you for making us feel so welcome at your hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CIS-McDonough, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Oakville guy,

Thank you so much for the compliments about our staff. We pride ourselves on being friendly and helpfull to all our guest! Thank you so much for the great review. Hope to see you again the next time you travel to this area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pelham, Georgia
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Country Inn & Suites has always been one of my favorite places to stay. This one is no exception. The staff was great. The room was cleaned perfectly every day. My family came by and commented how clean the lobby was and how clear the pool was. Breakfast was great. Can't say enough.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
DavidaS,

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Your kind words and review means a great deal to us here at the Hotel. Hope to see you on your next trip to the area!
Waycross, Georgia
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Excellent experience. From reception to departure, it was obvious that the employees enjoyed their work. The friendly receptionist helped us past time in the lobby as we waited for friends. At breakfast, the attendant, Emma, was so helpful. She observed that I was having a very bad morning and came to the rescue immediately. Were it not for her, I am sure that a waffle iron pattern would be on my hand today. She sat me down and delivered everything needed for a great breakfast. This property is spotless and very easily accessible from I-75. There are restaurants nearby and a large outlet mall three miles away. Even my impossible to please husband agreed that this was the best hotel on our trip.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms at this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HelenB,

Thank you for visiting us. So glad that you chose to stay with us and in doing so, had a wonderful stay! Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and other travelers…your review means more than you know! Hope to see you again very soon!
Kentucky
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was an excellent choice. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable, especially for this people with back problems. The staff was the friendliest we have ever encountered. The breakfast was great and the lady who served on the breakfast room was awesome. This place will become a mainstay as we travel I-75. If you read this same post on the Courtyard in McDonough, it was an accidental post. I have not stayed in the Courtyard.

• Stayed September 2012
CIS-McDonough, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
We are so thankful for the kind review. Our team strives to go above and beyond the call of duty. It is such a pleasure to read a review back to my team with such kind words. Thank you so much!
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Booked this hotel to be near family for a reunion. Had never heard of this place. GREAT EVERYTHING.....LOCATION, STAFF, COMFORTABLE, CLEAN, BREAKFAST. I would definately recommend to anyone and will look for this chain in my future travels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon S
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites, McDonough, GA to be your " home away from home".
Whitewater, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Needed a hotel at the last minute while driving back from Florida. Location was great. Room and lobby were very clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and parking for a trailer was plentiful. I was disappointed that breakfast didn't start until 7 as we had to be on the road at 6 a.m. I would stay again if I were in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
CIS-McDonough, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Jarvis R

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you the next time you are in the McDonough area!
Charlotte
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I travel a lot for work and this is one of my favorite places to stay when I'm in the Atlanta area. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is one of the best I've seen amongst the many places I've stayed in. The biscuits and gravy are simply warm and delicious. The service at check-in was amazing and the staff is really friendly. I can't even begin to describe the hot shower and the feel of the towels! I know this is the hotel I will stay in during my next visit to Atlanta. I would definitely recommend this location to all my friends and family!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, McDonough, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Jared M,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing a very kind and helpful review with us and other travelers! Thank you for also mentioning some of the great features of our hotel! We welcome you to return to us again in the future.