“Beautiful new hotel!”

Courtyard Atlanta McDonough
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in McDonough
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed here on our way back to Florida from the MIdwest. This hotel looks brand new although here a year already! Its a great location off of I-75 & is right next to many shopping stores & restaurants. Our stay was just a brief stopover so we didn't get to take advantage of any of the hotel amenities but, they looked wonderful. I would like to go back in warmer weather & enjoy their outdoor courtyard w/firepit & small walking path. There was also a nice gazebo & sitting area outside. I like how they've integrated the check-in area right into the lobby & bistro. The lobby is very modern with a nice business center area. Rooms were quite large & very nicely decorated. Our 2 beds were extremely comfortable & the whole room (& bathroom) were spotless. We were very happy with this hotel for our purposes, but if you're in Atlanta for leisure, I'd find something closer to town.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Atlanta McDonough

Reviewed January 2, 2012

My husband and I traveled to the Metro Atlanta area for pleasure on 12/31/2011 to ring in the New Year at a nearby NYE party. We decided to stay at this hotel, since it was very near Interstate 75. Not only was the staff very friendly, but the hotel was new and in impeccable condition. The lobby area was very warm and inviting. My husband loved the hotel's Gym, and there was even an indoor heated swimming pool for guests. The room was absolutely beautiful, and the mattress felt wonderful, as though I were sleeping on a cloud. There were 6 pillows on the bed, and a nice, flat screen television in the room, free Wi-Fi, as well as a mini-fridge. I was totally shocked when I noticed a huge fire pit located outside of the hotel, in the rear. Guests were surrounding this fire pit, warming their hands. I wish I had brought marshmallows to roast. (Smile!) There was an outdoor cabana for guests, complete with oversized, comfy sofas. To top it off, during check-out, I lost my set of house keys. We frantically searched through our car and luggage, in hopes of finding them. My husband then went inside to ask the front desk clerk if anyone had turned in lost keys. Much to his amazement, she held up my keys. My husband felt so relieved to see my keys. The housekeeper had graciously taken the keys to the front desk clerk immediately after she discovered them left in our hotel room. There is also a nice business center in the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. We had an amazing experience there! We look forward to staying there in the future. I did not want to leave. There is lots of shopping, restaurants, and an outdoor flea market in the area.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the cabana. I loved seeing the roaring fire coming from the nice fire pit near t...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
CYMcDonough, Director of Sales at Courtyard Atlanta McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Dear Zetta50,

Though your response was posted a little more than a month ago, I wanted to ensure that I thanked you for your review. Your kind words and recommendations were greatly appreciated. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and found our staff helpful... we hope that you are able to stay a bit longer next time!

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you, and your husband, over the NYE weekend. We hope to see you again soon!

At your service,
Crystal Turnipseed
Director of Sales & Marketing
cturnipseed@hotelequities.com

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed at the Atlanta Marriott Courtyard in McDonough Georgia from November 13 through 18, 2011. We were holding a transportation manager's conference that involved several dozen company employees and invited guests. The entire facility is brand new and sparkling clean. The beds are super comfortable. The food that is served is extremely tasty (Try the Turkey Reuben on Marbled Rye) including hot breakfasts in the morning that are better than restaurant quality. The entire staff was very helpful and pleasant. Literally everything about this facility and it's staff are 5-stars.

Room Tip: The handicap equipped rooms are very comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank pittston

Dear pittston,

I know that it has been a bit since you posted your review, and I apologize for the delay in my response; however, I didn't want to miss this opportunity to thank you for your review. Your kind words and compliments of our hotel and staff were most appreciated.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you, and your group. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

At your service,
Crystal Turnipseed
Director of Sales & Marketing
cturnipseed@hotelequities.com

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed here some time ago (January 2011) but wanted to catch up on some old business. I happened to be here during the great 2011 Icestorm when most of the Atlanta metro area was shut down. With all of the area restaurants closed, the Bistro team made extra sandwiches and salads to ensure that folks stuck in the hotel, would have food to eat. The staff did all they could to make the facility welcoming. The property itself was brand new last winter and was first class all the way.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Fixo
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Had a great stay at this hotel. Facilities are new, staff is very friendly and the surrounding area has plenty of dining options. There is also a bistro in the lobby with cooked to order food. The business center is very state of the art and even includes a touch screen display on a huge screen showing the area news and weather. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cubsfan77
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This was one of the new Courtyard designs which is very customer friendly and warm. All of the employees that we had contact with went out of their way to help us and made our weekend stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cjdey
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This is a really new building so everything was extremely clean & polished. The service was perfect. I came in after a long day if traveling on the road for business and was pleasantly suprised to find such a great place.
Super comfortable bed, great shower, amazing business center, and a 24/hour Starbucks in the lobby.
Perfection. I cannot wait to be back in McDonough & stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2011
CYMcDonough, Director of Sales at Courtyard Atlanta McDonough, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2011

Dear Harmainitiative,

Thank you ever so much for staying with us here at the Courtyard in McDonough! We appreciate your business, and we sincerely appreciate your review of our hotel as well. It is always excellent to hear that we have met the expectations of our guests. It is always our goal, and commitment, to provide clean, comfortable accommodations, superior service, and unmatched amenities. We have been opened for one year and we hope to continue to provide valuable guests, such as yourself, with this commitment.

Thank you again for staying with us, and for your compliments. I will pass these along to our wonderful staff. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Safe Travels,