“Great location on south ATL”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta South-McDonough
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in McDonough
Reviewed August 9, 2014

This hotel is a great location of the south side of ATL that is perfect for anyone looking to get to the backside of ATL when heading southbound & not wanting to fight the morning traffic. Rooms are very small & the dining staff can come off aggressive as they want to assist you in order to get a tip. I don't mind getting my omelet from the station or getting my own carton of milk, I don't need my juice topped off immediately after I take 1 drink.

1  Thank jason l

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We know we can look forward to a clean, well appointed room and will not have to leave for dinner after driving all day. The Garden Inn's restaurants always serve delicious dinners as well as breakfast & this one matched up to others we have stayed in.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JCR9
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This hotel was very clean and the staff was courteus and helpful We were a bit disappointed to find one check in clerk, when we brought in a bus of 60 people. When you know that many are arriving, more check in staff would make it a better process.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2014

we have stayed at many Hilton garden inns, this one has the worst beds we have ever slept on, maybe the controls would have helped if we would have known about them. otherwise the stay was ok, I had 3 rooms for the night and all 3 rooms we had complaints of hard beds, breakfast the next morning was great and the help was very helpfull

1  Thank Robert A T
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta South-McDonough on our way to Florida, and we were very pleased from the start. I had booked a room with two queen beds, but I was informed upon check in that they had oversold the queen bedrooms, so they upgraded us to a king suite at no extra charge. The room was on the top floor and had a wraparound sofa bed in the living area, along with a wet bar, microwave oven, mini refrigerator, HDTV, and a Keurig coffee maker with a couple of K-cups of coffee and tea provided. It also had a half bathroom immediately to the left inside the room. There was also a king bed in a separate sleeping area with pressure controls much like a sleep number bed on each side of the bed. The bedroom also had another HDTV. In the bathroom, there was a huge jetted tub (large enough for two people) and a separate shower and toilet. The tub was an especially nice surprise! We were also given two complementary drink coupons for the adults in the room to use at the bar downstairs. The room had complementary wired and wireless WiFi for an unlimited number of devices. We were completely satisfied with our room because it was very quiet, had great water pressure in both the shower and the tub, and a very comfortable bed and pillows.

The hotel has an onsite restaurant offering breakfast and dinner. Breakfast runs from 6:00 AM-10:00 AM Monday through Friday and from 7:00 AM-11:00 AM Saturday and Sunday. Dinner there runs from 5:00 PM-10:00 PM all week long. The adult breakfast is $10.95, and the child's breakfast is $5.95 for children 12 and under. Breakfast includes such items as pancakes, French toast, sausage, bacon, hash browns, eggs, and waffles. Dinner has such offerings as appetizers that range from $6 for the soup of the day to $12 for the Fiesta Garden Cobb salad, sandwiches that are either $12 or $13 and include such items as a burger, turkey club, and grilled garden veggies flatbread; entrees ranging from $12 for fish and chips to $23 for a New York Strip, accompaniments for $4-8, a kids' menu from $6-9, and desserts from $7-9.

There are also plenty of fast food and sit-down restaurants nearby. You'll also find a Kohl's, Lowe's, and Wal-Mart within easy driving distance. If you drive two miles north to the next exit up I-75, you'll find a Super Target, a Home Depot, Best Buy, and various restaurants--including Red Lobster, Applebee's, Hooters', Logan's Roadhouse, IHOP, Olive Garden, Longhorn Steakhouse, O'Charley's, Cracker Barrel, and Chili's.

So if you're looking for a great place to stay just south of Atlanta, the Hilton Garden Inn is the perfect choice. Great prices, helpful staff, and a clean and comfortable room. You can't ask for more!

Room Tip: If you want a really great room, ask for the king suite. It is luxurious!
1  Thank KyMom1
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed overnight at this hotel on our way to Florida. It is a newer hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable. I have to say this hotel is the cleanest hotel that I have stayed in. Kudos to the housekeeping staff!! We didn't eat at the restaurant but we did purchase a sandwich from the snack shop in the lobby which was ok. Easy access from I-75.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband & I were passing through and stayed only one night but I would totally recommend this hotel. It was very clean (which is a must for us) & the staff were all incredibly friendly. Sad we weren't staying longer. A lot of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple