“Horrible!!”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in McDonough
Princeton, North Carolina
“Horrible!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I convinced my sister we should check in to hotel because I use Hilton on most of my trips. I was quickly embarrassed I had suggested stay. During check in the clerk behind the desk who had no personality or customer service took card for payment handed it back and said "that's it" leaving us to guess on any of the amenities or locations of them. I ask about a cookie at check in as I am used to and the response was" 5:00 end of counter". My sister and I went to unload and as we are coming by the desk the clerk is whispering to another co worker about my request for cookie. I guess they have not seen the billboards for Hilton. I later came down to hear some loud mouth clerk behind the desk discussing with co worker a situation with a mentally disabled person and she said retarded over and over. As a parent of an Autistic child I can not say how disturbed I was to have to hear that word not 1 but 5 times. I have contacted the customer service and was told the general manager would contact me. As of yet I have not heard from the GM which speaks volume on the service or lack of I received.

2 Thank amyi343
HGIMcDonough, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta South-McDonough, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hillsboro, Ohio
Reviewed June 13, 2013

stop-over on way to Orlando.rooms OK.What really stood out was the in house restaurant.The dinner meal was excellent,price may be a little high on some items,but not having to go out to a chain eatery was nice.pool and hot tub area large.parking is at a premium.easy access to interstate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gary H
NeinaMorris, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta South-McDonough, responded to this review, October 14, 2016
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the stay to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Stockbridge, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had excellent service at the bar when we arrived late Friday night. A special family time was made more special by the awesome bartender. Room accomodations good, except for one detail I pointed out in my review.

1 Thank William T

Albertville, Alabama
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We picked this place over the Hampton Inn because of the reviews. The parking lot was full, and I mean full with no other options. Parked in a handicap space until some poor schlub went for a late night snack and I snagged his. The rooms are standard, with sleep # beds. The staff was friendly, but not helpfull with the parking issue (then again, what could they do?).

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Roaming_Rowes
St. Simons Island, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I am very picky and have to commend you on exceeding my expectations! I'll list the features of the room that I loved: full size, quiet blowdryer; Bath and Body Works shampoo and lotion; Neutrogena soap, clean tile on floor in bath and bathtub area; clean carpet throughout; granite countertops in bathroom, kitchenette area, and TV stand; tempurpedic-type mattress and four pillows that were different softness/firmess; down comforter; and the main thing I loved was that the air conditioner was controlled by a thermostat on the wall! I will definitely stay at a Hilton Garden Inn again! Thanks!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Janet P

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel grounds are well maintained. Parking is a bit limited when there is a full house. Lobby is clean and staff is courteous. Guest rooms are properly serviced but double bedded rooms are a little on the small side compared to competitor hotels in the same category. In-room amenities are above average. Would suggest repositioning bath linen from within shower or change for each new guest. Moisture from shower steam accumulates on towels. One towel had what seemed like mold. Doesn't seem cost efficient. Apart from that, my stay was comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013
Milledgeville, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel was beyond any experience we have received from any HHonors hotel. My family and I enjoyed our stay and look forward in returning. Everything smelled and looked very clean. Their was even a lounge area outside the hotel which was very cool and comforting.