“Just what we needed!”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in McDonough
Stockbridge, Georgia
“Just what we needed!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had water problems at the house, and needed to come in for the weekend. Thank goodness for the Hilton Garden Inn -- it was so nice to have a 'staycation' and be spoiled rotten as soon as we walked in the door. They are all friendly and helpful. Denise and Sherry are great at the bar; and the made-to-order breakfast / continental breakfast bar is the perfect start to a day. The most wonderful part? And in this busy area, in a hotel full of people, our room was really quiet and comfy....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
NeinaMorris, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta South-McDonough, responded to this review, October 14, 2016
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the stay to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our son had a baseball tournament in McDonough and we were happy that they had a Garden Inn. We have always been satisfied with the rooms and staff. They know we are Gold members and treat us amazingly.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Held my daughter's slumber party in a suite and enjoyed plenty of room and a nice indoor pool. Having my own room and bathroom to escape to while the girls watched Disney Channel and stayed up giggling was WONDERFUL! Kudos to the breakfast staff, they were fantastic and the girls felt very special.

Room Tip: Though we were on the first floor, the room was very quiet and we all slept GREAT!
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This Hilton property does a great job. The staff is friendly, the service is good and there is even a restaurant and bar on site. Great for the travelers getting in late and just wanting to grab something and get settled. The hotel is just south of the Atlanta airport and I was doing business in the area so it made it easy getting around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on our way down to Valdosta. It is convenient to I-75, which is great, but also close to a lot of shopping. The lobby was very inviting, as was the front desk representative, Shae! She was friendly, informative, and professional. The restaurant was also in the lobby area. It has more than just a light breakfast...they serve food all day. We went swimming in the indoor, heated pool. My daughter gave it a "10" on a scale of "5" because "the water was warm and the deep end wasn't too deep." The pool is perfect for the kids, they also have a whirlpool - great after a long drive. We didn't use the workout room, but I did take a peek and saw treadmills, tv's, and a lot of other equipment. Nice! Our room was perfect. Everything was new and clean. That's a biggie for me... CLEAN. So.... if you're into all of those things, you'll love this hotel. One more thing... I left my phone in my car and on my way back in I stopped by the front desk again. My daughter wanted an ice cream (they have a cooler full of ice cream and other treats) so I pulled one out and asked if they had any milk. One of the hotel's employee's, Ashley, was also up front and asked how many, what kind, and returned with it in less than a minute. Again... very friendly, professional, and personable. I highly recommend this hotel. Great value for the $.

Madeira Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed over on Friday, Jan 23rd. The hotel is very nice for an interstate hotel. The room was very clean and modern. The downfall of this hotel is that the walls are so thin. We could hear our neighbors having sex...nice right. We could also hear their TV that I am going to assume they left on to drown out the sex noise...Didn't work.

It's not their fault, it's how they build this vanilla box hotels that you pay $100+ a night.

If we had quiet neighbors I probably would have rated this a little higher.

Oh and they should let you know about adjusted the bed when you check in! I only saw how to do it when we were checking out!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIMcDonough, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta South-McDonough, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including items of opportunity. I understand that the noise was an issue during your stay; I apologize that your comfort was interrupted by other guests and I have shared your review with our team to ensure that we take the steps necessary to prevent this from being an issue for future guest. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.
Largo, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We decided to stop here passing through McDonough on the way to Florida. We found the hotel to be very comfortable, the staff was fabulous and the Breakfast was very good. We will definitely return to this hotel when passing through again. We stayed in room 215.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple