“Can't he a take out order right”

Yuki Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 211 Restaurants in McDonough
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't he a take out order right”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We will no longer be going back. Ordered take out lunch. Chicken hibachi, shrimp tempura roll and a salad.

Chicken hibachi was right but chicken was over cooked and dry.

Salad was suppose to have an extra dressing and it was not in there.

Shrimp roll was wrong. Had chicken in half. How cheap is that...did you really think we wouldn't realize this?

Called to complain and they told us oops so sorry just come right back so they could see the mistake. I'm home And they are 20 minutes away. Asked if there was any way to just get a credit on the next trip. Was told no way we have to bring the food back. Said I have no time now as I was eating and headed to work. They told us to just put it in our fridge and save it till we could come back in.

It went in the trash and I will never return...

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE WHEN YOU TRIED TO BE A CHEAPSKATE!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Deadheadfsu

Cortland, Ohio, United States
“Yuki = Yum!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Our sushi-loving family stopped here on our way to FL. We were pleasantly surprised to see such a large selection of sushi to choose from, which was pictured directly in the menu along with a description. Our order was taken when we were ready and arrived not too long after. The sushi was presented on one large plate - not especially decorative, but fresh and delicious. We had ordered two side salads and an edamame appetizer as well. The salads were served prior to the sushi and were small but tasty. The edamame, however, arrived as we were finishing our sushi and was not very good. The service lacked, as we had to ask for plates for our sushi and also had to wait quite a while to receive the soy sauce dipping trays, thus the 4 in the rating. Overall, we enjoyed excellent sushi an average service.

Locust Grove, Georgia
“Great Experience”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I went with my sisters for a Girls' Night Out to Yuki Japanese Restaurant. This was my first experience with the grill where the chef prepares the food right in front of you. I did not know what to order so I went with one of my sisters' recommendation and ordered Chicken and Shrimp Hibachi. I also shared an appetizer of sushi-like rolls but they had cooked salmon and chicken. I also had a virgin strawberry daiquiri. Delicious.

The server took our drink and food orders and then we were served in courses: drinks, appetizer, soup, salad, rice, meat. Everything was tasty and we did not have to wait long.

The chef went by the name of Rambo and he cracked jokes and made us ooh and ahh by starting small fires on the grill. But they were pretty fires. He kept us entertained and although he made the fires shoot straight up, I retained what was left of my eyebrows. A bit of advice: Don't get your brows arched while holding a kid on your lap.

But back to the meal. I was practically full by the time my chicken and shrimp were finished cooking. My overall experience was great.

Location: Right off the highway on I-75 Exit 221.
Atmosphere: Family oriented. We heard at least three "Happy Birthday" renditions that included tambourines and clapping and stomping. Casual attire or dressy if you're feeling it.
Service: Polite. We were seated immediately.
Price: Special occasion price, but not expensive. For me it would be a once in a while dinner out.
I'd go there again.
Rating: 4 out of 5

Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Habachi”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The food here is good, I usually get the habachi when I go, so i cant really rate the other dishes. My daughters and I love to go and get the sushi.They love the white snow sushi roll and the habachi. It is a little expensive, so we don't go often, but try to go at least once or twice a yr.

Visited November 2012
Bentonville, AR
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great sushi!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Had a specialty roll and fried rice. They were both the best I have ever had!! Service was great also.