“Absolutely 100% amazingly fun and exciting!”

Rolling Thunder River Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Mild or Wild? Rolling Thunder River Company offers adventurous whitewater rafting trips on the legendary Ocoee River or gentle, relaxing float trips on the Toccoa River in an inner tube or a kayak- both out of their easy to get to location in McCaysville, Georgia- just 15 minutes from Blue Ridge, GA. Rolling Thunder guarantees the ultimate in Ocoee rafting trips.
Webb
“Absolutely 100% amazingly fun and exciting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

In 2013 we discovered RT on a day trip. It was so much fun that we planned our 2014 vacation around them. We rafted for a full day on Sunday, did the middle on Monday and Thursday. Cat was our guide day one. She was so knowledgable, skilled, and friendly that we requested her as our guide for our remaining two reserved days. She's an amazing guide and person. She definitely brings a lot to the already fun packed trip. We highly recommend this company when planning a rafting trip. All of the staff are super friendly, well trained, and equally fun! Give them a try. And tip them well because they earn every dime and are worth that and more!

Visited June 2014

Tampa, Florida
“fantastic time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

we took 3 rafts down the river, each group said their guide was the best they have ever had. everyone had a great time. scenery was amazing, we are all looking forward to returning and doing the full day trip..
every one had a blast, those that have never gone white river rafting as well as those in our group that have rafted many times.
we are now looking to have our family reunion in the area next year so that we can do many trips down the river with this great crew

Visited June 2014
“Awesome trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time white water rafting with a group of friends. We were booked for the first ride of the day. The staff was very professional and friendly. There is ALWAYS a possibility of falling out of the raft, and of course, I did. Our guide, Will, was quick to get me back on board as fast and safe as possible. Although it's a bit shocking being submerged in chilly rapid water, I was not afraid because the staff properly informed us all on what to do when things like this happen. I truly enjoyed my rafting experience with Rolling Thunder! They are so awesome. I will certainly be back with family next time. Thank you guys!

Columbia, Mississippi
“Great Family Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was my first time white water rafting and I had the best time ever. It was exciting, Our guide Kym was just the best. My son fell in the water when we hit a big rock and was knocked out of the boat, but she was just great in getting him back in. He was none the worse for wear. We have done nothing but talk about the "great" fall since we got home. Highly recommend this rafting company. They are very good about briefing everyone on safety. The equipment was in great shape. The guides were patient, and alot of fun.

Visited May 2014
Tampa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best company on the river”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

My friends and I visited Rolling Thunder after reading about them online. After arriving they give everyone their safety brief and hand out equipment. From there it was about a 20 minute ride to the river. Our guides were amazing and alot of fun. My group was all in our mid to late twenties and we joke around alot, it was great to see the guide be able participate like he was part of the group. Our guide was doing all sorts of neat tricks in the water from surfing, to popping himself out of the boat nearly 10 feet in the air, we did some sort of sidewinder going down a rapid and he let us "Ride the Bull" which someone sits with their feet hanging over the front during some rapids. The whole trip down the river was an adrenaline rush for us and you can tell that this company is leaps & bounds ahead of some of the other companies on the river. You'll see what I mean once you're on the river.

If we're ever vacationing in this area again I will definitely be visiting Rolling Thunder again.

Visited May 2014