“Great BBQ”

Dave Poe's BBQ
Ranked #26 of 757 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I don't get in the mood for BBQ often but when I do, I'm pretty particular about it. We decided to give Dave Poe's a try the other day after hearing good things about the BBQ. I grew up in Marietta so it wasn't hard for me to find but I can imagine it would be for some not familiar with the area. As a kid, I remember shopping in the old A&P grocery store that used to next door. Like most say, not much for looks on the outside but in my experiences this is sometimes where you find the best food. Inside the restaurant it is welcoming and staff very friendly. It's pretty simple. You will find all of the accolades and write ups about his BBQ hanging on the wall. You order and pay. You fill your drink and wait for your number to be called. Food came out fast and hot. The smoked wings were very good but a little spicy. The wings were covered with just the right amount of sauce and were plump and juicy. Sides are very good and the redneck lasagna, well it's genius. Stupid good. If your in town and want some good BBQ which can be very hard to find, try this place.

1  Thank rba911

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I tried a bunch of BBQ Joints in Atlanta in my time. If your heading any where near Marietta, stop in. Not much for looks, but that is not why you look for in great Q. Hands Down the best in the north burbs.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Being from out-of-town, we were in the mood for BBQ and looked to Trip Advisor for a recommendation. We were not familiar with Marietta but our Garmin lead us to Dave Poe's by a round-about way but we got there and boy were we glad we did. I have lived in the South all my life and this is some of the best BBQ I have ever had.

The restaurant is in an old strip mall which appeared to have few other stores remaining in it. While the outside is nothing fancy, the inside was neat and clean. My son and I had the ribs which were smoked to perfection. The mac and cheese was very good as was the cole slaw. Portions were good too. My wife had the chicken which was excellent.

All in all, one of the best BBQ places I have been to in a long time and I have been to quite a few. We WILL be back.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

If you like Great food and Great Politics, this is for you. Many political statements on the walls. Clean, fresh, cheep, friendly, cheerful, what more can you ask for! Been here for years. Only problem here is the old grill parked in the parking lot, Eye Sore, please remove it. I give these folks a A

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Dave Poes is located on whitlock ave. Nothing fancy as far as eating in. You order and pay, they call your number and you take it to a table. We usually take it to go. The ribs and brisket sandwiches are very good. Sides are too. The redneck lasagne one of our favorites. Combo of brunswick stew and mac n' cheese - both homemade. It is a meal in itself. Prices are reasonable.

1  Thank extra1