“Mmmm mmmm good”

Dave Poe's BBQ
Ranked #35 of 742 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Been eating here since it opened. This is by far the best BBQ in the area (best I've had anywhere). Pulled pork, chicken,brisket all exceptional. Beans, slaw and mac & cheese to die for. We tried the smoked turkey several years ago for Thanksgiving, now unable to go back to the traditional boring oven cooked buzzard......hey it also comes with gravy!

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

My husband wanted some BBQ ribs & we wanted a TripAdvisor recommended place. We pulled up to the restaurant & it didn't look like many folks were there. We wondered if we should even bother. We attributed it to our early dinner time. Once inside we were not disappointed. Met the owner, Dave Poe. He made sure we were satisfied with our meal. We were indeed!!! Mac & cheese--yum!!! Other sides were good, too. BBQ ribs--great!!! We'll be back...

1  Thank GrandmamaBJ
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Everything you have read about the Mac and Cheese is absolutely 100% true. But do not forgo the Fried Okra (I hate ... no despise okra ... but Dave's fried okra is unbelievable), his coleslaw or the Jalepeno Muffins. I have to admit that I am a pulled pork lover ... have tried the brisket and the ribs (and they are good), but my favorite is without a doubt the pulled pork, so tender, juicy and with just the right amount of smokiness. Food is consistent .. never had a bad meal, service (food delivered to a counter and you pick it up ... but there is plenty of seating) is very quick. The ONLY thing I will mention that is not 100% positive is the sauce. The sauce is still very good ... but about a year or so ago I noticed that the sauce was changing. I don't know what changed ... but OMG was the old sauce 'the bomb'. Does this stop me from going to Dave's ... absolutely not. I still visit on average 6 to 8 times a month ... but oh how I wish for the old sauce to come back. Dave ... if you read this and tell me you haven't changed it ... I will call "bull$hit" on that... but I will still be at your door at least once a week!!!

1  Thank sca61
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I absolutely, positively ADORE the mac and cheese at this place! I've only eaten here once (last month) but I've been thinking about it ever since and I cannot wait to go back. The pulled pork sandwich was delicious too-- especially with their sauce added to it-- but the mac and cheese was by far the shining star dish of my meal. YUM!

1  Thank mallymay25
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I've had the ribs and short rib. Both are very good but the short rib is best.

2  Thank GSSATLANTA