“Good food at a good value”

Vincent's Italian Restaurante
Reserve with OpenTable
Vincent's Italian Restaurante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 726 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Everyone knows that a great Italian restaurant will always keep you coming back for more. On August 21st, Vincent's New York Style Italian Ristorante on Barrett Parkway in Marietta celebrated their 10th year serving our community with the best New York Italian food in the area. General Manager, Dominick Lovin, grew up with Vincent's. As a young man, he loved the pizza and pasta that Vincent's served, and later began his restaurant career as a server. Today, in his capacity as General Manager, Lovin and his staff are excited to roll out a new red carpet to the community that not only offers the same family favorites, but also healthier fare options, as well. Vincent's realizes that diners deserve a choice and that some folks like a lower calorie option or gluten free items. These selections are featured on the revamped menu to satisfy most appetites and health requirements. A gluten free selection is featured on the new menu, showcasing items such as large shrimp, a thick cut veal and pork chop, Atlantic salmon, chicken breast, and Black Angus sirloin. Sauteed Classics including a diner's choice of chicken, veal, shrimp, or grouper in a Mediterranean, Saltimbocca, Scarpariello, Picata or a Marsala sauce are sure to satisfy any palate. Gluten-Free Penne Pasta is also being introduced with Vincent's signature Marina, Vodka, Alfredo, Sausage and Peppers, and Mushroom sauces. Chicken, shrimp, steak, salmon, or sea scallops can be added to any of these dinners. Vincent's standards remain, like the family favorite New York Style pizzas, crispy flat breads, calzones, stromboli, signature salads, bottomless bowls of soup, and of course their delicious garlic rolls. They are open for lunch with both hot and cold selections to satisfy the hungriest of diners. Lovin explained to Our Town, "We're pleased to roll out these new items to our diners, but we're also excited to make Vincent's a more family friendly place. Our goal is to 'get to know you better, and have you get to know us too.' We want our diners to feel at home, to bring their family and friends. Vincent's classic recipes remain the same made by the same three chef's that have been with us for years. We've added new items to round out our menu and we think West Cobb will love the new additions." Over the next year, Vincent's interior will receive a facelift, giving way to a brighter more modern look and feel. The restaurant will remain open while the remodeling goes on, so updates will definitely be done in stages. Lovin has a great feel for community involvement and what it means to a business. He's already partnered with athletic booster clubs from area high schools including Kennesaw Mountain, Hillgrove and Marietta. Lovin has donated $5.00 Coupons that athletes and supporters can sell to diners that will be good for one complete school year. All profits go directly to the booster clubs, resulting in a team-oriented approach to partnering with the people and families that Vincent's wants to keep coming back year after year. Athletes have been given discount cards that will give a 10% discount whenever they dine with friends, families, and their teams. Vincent's Italian Ristorante invites you to dine with them. We think that you'll feel right at home with the same Vincent classics and their new additions.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had dinner with family here. The salad and bread were very tasty. I had the manicotti which was very good as well. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. I would certainly recommend Vincent's!

1  Thank legallyred
There are newer reviews for Vincent's Italian Restaurante

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

The only thing I will complain about is we asked for a booth and they hesitated because they wanted us to sit in the rotation of seating, this was quickly remedied and we sat down to a perect dinner with a dazziling dinner special list and plenty to choose from. Would return anytime.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We loved our food - very authentic Italian. Salad and garlic rolls are delicious and the entrees are almost as good as the North End in Boston. Service was prompt but our server was very abrupt and seemed anxious for us to rush through our meal (four of us were there less than an hour) even though they weren't extremely busy. We were not offered refills or fresh ground pepper unless we asked for it and even then it was a little uncomfortable. The atmosphere was very nice but extremely cold. We asked the server about it and she just said we were under an air vent. This restaurant could be the best Italian in West Cobb if they get the service improved.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Here's the short version:

Food: average
Service: pushy/not personable/needs improvement...especially at the bar
Will I return: probably not dine-in, may carry out a pizza
Notes: seems geared toward an older clientele (early bird diners). Very focused on getting bodies in and out fast (turning over tables).

Here are the details:

My wife was coming from the mall with the kids, so we decided to meet at Vincent's for dinner. I got there first and went to the bar. The bartender didn't greet me with "What can I get you?" or even "Hello." instead, her opening was "Who are you picking up for?" I told her I was not picking up and that I just wanted to order a drink. I gave my drink order and she left to get it for me. A moment later, another bartender came and asked the same thing..."Who are you picking up for?" I had to laugh when I told her that I was at the bar to have a drink.
Once my wife and kids arrived, we were seated promptly. Our server was nothing, if not attentive. He was young and obviously trying very hard. He had his patter down, but it needed some polish! We ordered a bottle of wine and our entrees. The server brought the wine and poured the taste into my glass (my wife had ordered the wine), then immediately poured a glass for my wife....no big deal, he probably didn't know. After a couple of sips of wine, our server brought the salad and rolls. THE ROLLS ARE AWESOME!!!!! The salad portion seemed pretty meager as it was one bowl meant to share. Within five minutes our entrees arrived. The server that brought the entree asked if he could remove some of the other plates. I had to remind him that we had JUST gotten our salad. After shuffling plates around, we got the kids started on their dinner and finished our salads before starting on the entrees. I had the eggplant parmigiana, which is usually really good. I can't say that it was bad this time, but certainly not like what I had had in the past. I can't speak for my wife, but my meal was very average.
As we neared the completion of our entrees, the server brought the check and emphasized that there was "no hurry." That always makes me laugh when they say that as they drop off the check while you're still eating. We finished our meals and chatted as we finished our bottle of wine. Soon, the manager stopped by and picked up the portfolio containing the bill. " I'll take this for you," he said, although I had not yet put down my credit card. He left it for us and when the server came back, we ordered dessert. Good stuff! Lemon cake and a cannoli for the kids to split...both were great! Again, the server laid down the check as we chatted. Moments later, he returned to take it. Still, I had not laid down any payment. I chuckled as I joked with him to "go take a break!" After that, I paid and we made our way out.
All in all, the food was ok. The service was über prompt...to the point of being pushy.
Perhaps I am too picky, but I truly believe that attention to small details makes all the difference in the world! People don't just go out to eat to get food, the go for an experience. When you manage a restaurant, you never know if your patrons eat out every night or if they've saved up for a special night out. If it is the latter, don't make them feel like they have to scarf down their meal and then get shoveled out the door.

Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

After mediocre service and mediocre penne alla vodka we noticed the table next to us received free cannolis. The waitress asked us twice if it was our first visit. We said no. Apparently if we had said yea we would have gotten free cannolis so make sure you answer yes it's your first visit. Then they asked us if we had coupons. So be sure to print coupons before you go. We asked for the manager who was an arrogant guy that was so rude to us. I told him we would not be back and he said that was fine. Where has customer service gone? The restaurant was empty. Not hard to see why.

2  Thank Shandallasmom