“More GREAT BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have my manager at work to thanks for tell me about this place. From my first visit 4 yrs. ago I have been hooked. Everything is GREAT!! I am a bit of a BBQ purist believing no sauce is needed when bbq is done right. I rarely use any sauce when I get bbq from Sam's. This is one of my top 3 favorite BBQ places in the Atlanta area.

1  Thank ATL0609

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We've never been inside the BBQ1 restaurant, but after discovering the pick-up storefront (just a few doors down) and Sam's smoked chicken, we've become addicts. On our first order, I asked about sauces, and the order-taker replied, "Oh, you won't need any BBQ sauce on the chicken, but we'll throw in a small container anyhow." I thought that sounded pretty strange for a BBQ joint. Then, I tasted the chicken (which smelled absolutely amazing) and knew exactly what they were talking about. Hands down, bar none ... best smoked chicken on the planet.

1  Thank Kehneth
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Noticed a great rating for Sams Ribs in a magazine and decided to try for myself. Took my friend Don S. (a true lover of BBQ Ribs) for lunch and we were both very pleased. The ribs were moist and tender and the sides were very good. My only complaint was the sauce. The NC sauce was not to my liking at all and the other was too neutral. But I will go bac because the Ribs were GREAT.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Ate there Memorial Day weekend because Better Homes and Garden had given them a good rating. It was ok at best. We had the pulled pork and my son had the ribs. The pork had a lot of fat and gristle. The ribs seemed to be ok but not up to par with how they normally are based on the woman in the booth behind us. She sent hers back and got another entree free. The stew was good however!

1  Thank Ron and Becky W
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Sam Huff's BBQ restaurant has some of the best BBQ I have ever tasted, and certainly the best in Atlanta that I have had. It's location is in a strip mall and a little out of the way, but is definitely worth a visit if you crave good BBQ.

1  Thank walott