“The staff/owners should all be fired!”

Super 8 Marietta/West/ATL Area
Super 8 Marietta/West/ATL Area
Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed March 14, 2013

First walked into the lobby in the early evening and the front desk guy greets my by saying "good morning". Really? Gave me a room wuth no coffee pot or frig which it states in coupon book all rooms were equipped with. Got another room but was Dirty! Sheets were wrong size and smelled. Hair all along side of exposed mattress. Pure laziness from top to bottom. Exterior parking spot lights all burned out so areas Dark! At 11:30 pm i get woke up by someone trying to enter my room. I had to call desk and they said they made a mistake and thought my room was vacant. After that fight was in oarking lot where dark! I could not sleep after this. Left about 5am and no one was at desk for checkout. I left my card keys and Left Never to return.

• Stayed: March 2013
s8marietta, Manager at Super 8 Marietta/West/ATL Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Marietta, Georgia. I would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay, and I thank you for bringing it to our attention. We appreciate it when our guests make the effort to bring this to our attention. This situation happened since we switched you rooms, but this is no excuse.

Once again we apologize for this and look forward to you giving us another chance to stay with us.

Jo Patel

Reviewed February 27, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I needed a cheap place to get some rest on our long drive home to FL from visiting relatives in Ohio, which is how we ended up at the Super 8 Marietta. Staff seemed friendly enough, although our interaction with them was limited to checking in and out. The king bed was clean and surprisingly comfortable. I'd rate the overall room cleanliness at about 5 on a 10 point scale - it wasn't filthy but I also wouldn't call it exceedingly tidy. Television channels were limited and the TV kept having intermittent audio issues - although it wasn't so bad that I turned it off. The restroom facilities seemed to work as intended. Another pleasant surprise was the tap water in the room tasted pretty good. Free "breakfast" is provided in the lobby, which when we arrived at 8:30am the only remaining selections were cold cereal and make-your-own Belgian waffles. One quick glance and it was clear that we'd be seeking the golden arches for our morning nourishment.

Overall, I was satisfied with the stay and would consider stopping again if I needed a cheap place to crash while on a road trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is the most disgusting hotel ever! I stayed in it because it was the cleanest looking hotel. the only choices were a baymont or a super 8! grosss. The room smelled of animal urine and there were spiders everywhere. Bed was like jello mixed with stones in plastic! Took a shower and there were spiders in the tub! Went to free breakfast and all they had were stale pastries and coffee. NEVER EVER EVER EVER stay here! Go downtown and stay at the Holiday Inn and pay the extra 50 bucks.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn and ask for a high floor :)