“Low budget pay for what I got”

Super 8 Marietta/West/ATL Area
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Greenville, South Carolina
“Low budget pay for what I got”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I was trying to use up the last of my reward points with their parent company because I can't seem to get good rooms or service with their point system.

Upon arrival I realized this was not the safest of neighborhoods but their was other hotels (owned by the same reward company I'm happy I don't have any more points with them) but I was like your in the room for a short time give it a chance.

When I checked in the guy asked me to fill out this paper work (name, address, phone...) I said I have a rewards card can't you pull it up based on my drivers licenses. He had my drivers license in his hand (I gave it to him), he said it's faster if you do it the proceeded to write my drivers license number and date of birth on the check in slip. This is where I didn't keep quite any more, I stated to him I've checked in several hotels not ever ever has someone written down my date of birth. He said "this is so I know it's you" I said my drivers license already showed you it was me, with identity theft writing down my date of birth in an unsecured area was in correct storage of data and it wasn't needed for any to provide my identity. He agree but didn't shred the check in slip or tried to secure it in any way I told him that I would put what happened in my trip advisor review to warn other customers.

Upon entering my room I got what I paid for (old furnishing, old towels....) but there was a bed & tv but there was no iron to be found. The one time I need an iron in a hotel room there isn't any so I had the inconvenience of going down stairs while I was getting dressed to get an iron.

First & last time at this hotel for me. No one should pay any more than $40 to stay in that hotel in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I come to atlanta/Marietta on business at times and I have stayed here before. It was late at night this time around and I was beat. The front desk guy let me know of a few late night places to eat as I was hungry. the bed and bathroom were OK and the breakfast is a little better now in terms of choices than it was the last time I was here (had to option of oatmeal! haha). The construction is not welcome but then again it is not the hotel's fault. Not bad for what I paid

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have stayed at this location several times over the last year. I have never had any of these problems other guests have commented about. The beds are quite comfortable, the rooms have always been clean and the people that run the front desk are always helpful and accomodating. If you look online they do not offer queen sized beds, its double or king those are your choices! as for the road work...well that is not the fault of the hotel and I have always requested a room in the back with no problem. I hate for this hotel to receive such bad reviews, you get what you pay for and it is a budget hotel not the ritz, but well worth the price for the location and the pool is clean and refreshing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
woodbury tn
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Will not stay at this motel again. My son made a reservation online reserved a room for 2 queen beds,and first floor. I called this motel and made sure we had a reservation for first floor and beds. Arrived around 10:30pm It took over 30 minutes to get the clerk to come to the window, at that time I thought he was rude, gave us a second floor room with two full size beds. When i asked about the queens he said they only had full beds. Then bathroom was filthy. ice bucket was nasty. when i asked for another one he was rude, when I asked where the ice machine was he told me where I could go for ice. Believe me the bible says there is no ice there. lol. finally found the ice machine after walking around 2 passed out people on the side walk(for real). Was so worried about my car I slept in it. also with three adults and two small children full size beds were not enough room. when I check out the next morning and told the manager. He said the floor would have been more comfortable... worse stay ever will never stay again.

Room Tip: when going to this motel .... run run run run to another one !!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Marietta hotels

Byron, Georgia
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Due to baseball games in town most of the other hotels were booked so we had to stay here. The beds were hard as a rock. They were the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on. The towels were dirty and had brown streaks on them. There were globs of hair in the bathroom shower, and we saw 3 roaches in the room. We woke up in the morning covered with bites. I dont know if they were bed bugs or not. The worst was the noise. The city was working on the road all night long about 50 feet from our door. When I checked in I asked if this was a quiet hotel and the desk clerk assured me it was. Well, it wasnt. The next morning I talked to a member of the road crew and he said that they had been working on the roads all night for over a week, so the employees at the hotel knew they would be out there. Why they didnt put us in a room at the back of the hotel away from the noise I dont know. When we checked out I asked to speak to the manager. The employee said he would be in from 12-5. When I called back after 12 they told me he was on vacation for 2 weeks. So as well as being rude they are liars. I left a message but the manager has never called us back. There are a lot nicer hotels in the area around the same cost as this one. Dont waste your money here!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Like one of the reviewers below, we landed here about 11:00 pm in the middle of a very long ride back home from Florida. With three kids in the backseat, we were just looking for a place for 6 or 7 hours of shut-eye before resuming the drive. If we hadn't been absolutely exhausted, we would have left like we should have done and went across the street to the Baymont, which was advertising $40 rooms. We paid $55 for this crappy place, and it was $55 too much. We are NOT picky whatsoever, but this place was disgusting. I kicked off my sandals and went to the bathroom, and the floors were *sticky*. Paint and caulk were flaking off around the stained sink. The bathroom door and mirror (on the bathroom door) were splattered with a dry, white substance as if someone had spit after brushing their teeth. It gets worse. My mother and one of our sons stayed in a room next door. While *our* room "only" had a ketchup packet left in the fridge (no huge deal, could have been overlooked I suppose), my mom's room had a whole box of Bojangle's chicken in it. Hmmmm.... isn't emptying out the fridge, much less *cleaning* it, part of the duty of housekeeping?

I'm glad Sarah had wifi---- we had NO working connection whatsoever (my husband wanted to check his work email, and oldest son wanted to look up something on his ipod). The parking lot was *loaded* with trash strewn all about.

But here is the WORST thing.... my Mother left her Samsung Galaxy phone in the room and realized it two hours after we left. She remembered exactly where she left it, and we called them hoping my uncle who lives in Atlanta could pick it up for us and ship it. The woman who answered the phone denied that they had found anything in there. She said she had "personally been in there" and saw nothing.... Now the odd thing about this is that she was not with housekeeping, because the woman who we saw doing housekeeping services as we loaded up the car (we actually saw her go in both of our rooms while packing everything up) was a Latino woman. The woman who answered the phone had an Indian accent. So why had she been up in the room to observe that nothing was there? Regardless, SOMEONE there, is dishonest and my mother's phone has probably already been sold on the black market.

Honestly, as we saw lots of other places around, we truly wished we had gone to one of them (I booked about an hour out on hotels.com from my phone, so I had no idea the other places that showed up were so close).

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Rooms were clean. Kids enjoyed the pool after a long drive. Rooms were dreary and morning breakfast could be improved.

• Stayed June 2012