Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill
$114
$96
$101
$98
Quality Inn Marietta(Marietta)(Great Value!)
$76
Agoda.com
$43
$120
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgrab and gofull size refrigeratoroatmealflat screen tvpansstoveaccommodationscorridordryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked this room for the kitchenette for the week. First concern was that they had steel bars they pull across desk at night and the glass was etched with dirt. Looked like it had never been cleaned. Hallways reeked of smoke and marijuana. People hang out at the desk area, so if your on the first floor, expect to hear loud talking and carrying on until early morning hours. Toilet seats looked old and worn. Blankets did not cover the top of the bed. Looked to be twin size instead of full. Staff did not seem pleased when I asked for more so we could cover up. The burners on the stove top do not fit so one entire side of the pan is lopsided when trying to cook. There is no oven. Just a cooktop. After I completed the standard survey, I received a call but every complaint was rebutted with " it clearly states on our website".... Everyone was pleasant but Don't call me to sound concerned if you are not willing to fix it. I originally had reservations at another chain for a similar price but switched in order to have a kitchenette. And another party booked with me. Quite ashamed of my suggestion to change. Do not take your family to this place.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The conditions you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I will be working with the staff to address the issues outlined in your review. As well, please know, we do not condone illegal behavior of any kind. With that in mind, we take your comments very seriously and will take action as needed.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mlander@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you are just looking for a place to sleep this is a great hotel. The room was spacious and clean. The beds are very firm. My only complain is the smoke smell in the room, hallways, and entrance. Basically everywhere! The grab and go breakfast was pretty good. They had oatmeal as well as oatmeal bars, granola bars, and fresh apples and oranges. Didn't expect fresh fruit so this was a nice surprise. All of the staff we interacted with was friendly and helpful. It is an older hotel so it does appear to need a few cosmetic repairs.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that there was a smoke smell present in your room. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to overcome that issue and make your experience a positive one.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Went to check in around 11 pm bc due to weather, we arrived later than we should have. I had booked a queen room for my fiance and I and when we went into the room, it was a double. Went to the front desk attendant to hopefully be switched to our rightful room when he told me they Gave it away but gave me an "upgrade" and that it was the only room left for the night. Reluctantly, we went to the room but upon fully entering, the room reeked of weed. So we ended up telling the attendant once again and getting a refund to book somewhere else. The attendant was very understanding so we had no problem with him but the upkeep and service of the overall room and customer service upon arrival lacked but then again, I guess that's what you get when you book such an inexpensive room.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the problems with your reservation and your room. I discussed your comments with our front desk team as well as our housekeeping team. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention and allowing us the opportunity to correct it. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mlander@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Staying in a low-budget hotel shouldn't have to mean low-quality, especially for a site with a TripAdvisor Sign on the front door! Four men on golf outing split 2 rooms; just needing a place to crash, that's pretty much all we got.
1) Staff was friendly at check-in, check-out and throughout visit - PLUS
2) Room was quite clean - PLUS
3) Flat-Screen TV was defaced (large 'X' scratched into screen) - MINUS
4) No Room Phone; other guests called us room - to - room to no avail & had to resort to using cell phones - MINUS
5) No Ironing Board / Malfunctioning Iron nearly ruined a pair of slacks - MINUS-MINUS
6) Staff delivered a 'phone' & Ironing Board by simply dumping them into the room while we were gone -MINUS
7) Shower had little pressure, then suddenly the shower head (Plastic, thank God) 'Shot' off of pipe & struck me in the chest during shower MINUS-MINUS-MINUS
8) Desk Clerk offered to move us to a different room, but was unable to determine if he had any rooms available. He eventually came to room & struggled 10 minutes to attach new shower head himself; no maintenance staff on duty. MINUS / PLUS / MINUS
9) Corner Molding came off wall & struck me in middle of night - MINUS-MINUS-MINUS
10) When we informed desk of issues, they agreed to document them & inform Mgmt; however, no manager was available over weekend to assist (make a decision). MINUS-MINUS
11) Refund was issued Monday afternoon - to the credit card of another member of our party who stayed in a different room! MINUS-MINUS

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I dont even want to give this place one star or one circle..
I am surprised that that place is still in business and surprised that place hadn't violated any cleanliness codes.
My husband made the reservation and he stayed there two days before i arrived.. he asked me to stay where we lived until we find a different place to stay in, other than that extended stay, he told me the place was a disaster and it wouldn't be good for me to get there. I am currently almost 8 months pregnant, my husband was worried i might get sick from staying there and be surrounded by clouds of smoke!
I arrived to the hotel based on our original plan and this is by far the worst place we had ever stayed in. your feet gets dirty just by walking on the carpet floor of that room, the place smells like smoke and you don't know if that's cigarette smoke or something else ! you see cigarette butts on the floors of the hallways and on the stairs. the appliances were a disaster as well.. plates were old and scratched and dirty... the refrigerator wasn't even working, it was set to the coolest temperature but our food went bad inside it. i did get sick after leaving milk in the refrigerator over night,,, INSIDE THE REFRIGERATOR !!!!!
The air conditioner went out one evening and the management couldn't accommodate us to stay at a different room. they filled out an order to fix it the next morning... no one showed up the next morning until i called the front desk around noon...we stayed in the heat the entire time... it happened that those few days were hot in GA. The handy man ended up bringing an entire different unit to replace the broken one... the replacement unit is still an older unit and looked awful... but at time we were just happy to have a working air conditioner!
the bathroom is another disaster.... the old stained faucet is horrible.. it smelled so bad! the shower curtain was horrendous.. and the bath was horribly filthy. you're just basically getting yourself even more dirty just by showering..
I am 100% confident that the CEO [or any manager] of the extended stay hotel chains would NEVER stay in a place like that..towels were not white, had a very bad odor and had a funny color.. i never used those towels fearing i might catch a skin disease and pass it on to my unborn child!

just basic cleanliness requirements did not exist in that place. again i am very surprised that that place hadn't shut down yet or hadn't went out of business.

Room Tip: I do not recommend this place.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business