“My Stay at Extended Stay”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay here at Extended Stay. The staff on SEVERAL occasions have gone above and beyond to make my stay SAFE and ENJOYABLE!!!! Even when my toilet overflowed right before I was supposed to go to work, the gentlemen staff member (who was supposed to being home - night shift) came right to my room and helped me right away. Being a single women safety is a concern for me and every time I have been concerned about my safety the staff especially Betty on the evening shift has come to my rescue several times. The staff is always friendly, curteous and helpful. Housekeeping is very reliable and always does a good job. I will say my room probably needs updating but is very adequate for my current needs. I would definately recommend Extended Stay at Windy Hill.

Room Tip: Top Floors - back side of hotel quieter
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Reviewed February 25, 2013

really some very nice staff in there, but our room needed cleaning, updating, and some maintenance. From what I could see of the hallways, elevator, and public areas, this location gathered a majority of guests who I perceived to be rough/shady. Lots of noise and even someone tried to open our door handle twice between 0100 and 0300 am. Yikes!!

Our room smelled dank, the hallways smelled of cigarette and marijuana smoke, and the parking lot was almost full when my family of 5 checked in at 0900 pm. Although I met the most pleasant front desk staff and cleaning ladies, the hotel property negatives could not be overcome. Paid $65 and should have moved locations or paif a little more for a better location.

Room Tip: I humbly suggest picking on of the other 2 Extended Stay locations in Marietta. This one, at least...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed at the extended stay for a little under a month. The rooms were cleaned only once a week. The some of the.staff was very rude in the way they treated some of the guest. By that I, mean their new manager. There was some crackhead guy that knocked on my door three or four times a week. There were never any towels available when you needed them. I found a gatorade bottle under my bed filled with spit from someone who dipped. I was not happy my complaints went unheard. I would not recommend this place to any one. I have many other things that were wrong but I don't have time to type them all. Stay away! Almost $2000 spent at this place and I will never do it again

• Stayed: January 2013
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Booked through priceline at a great rate. Called to see if I could get two double beds and was told that that would be $15 per day extra plus tax. Hidden costs aren't my favorite thing to say the least.
Not only that but the hotel's carpet is in bad need of replacement or at least a very thorough cleaning. Had a huge red stain on the carpet in our room. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike M
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

We take our customer's privacy very seriously, so I am not able to discuss specifics regarding any payments you may have made. I can, however, say that when you book through an online travel website, you are subject to their rules regarding charges, cancellations, and refunds. I would be happy to discuss this with you personally.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

My stay in December 19-23 2012 was very enjoyable the manager Regina,Betty and Monica was very helpfull and I really enjoy my room as well. All My needs was supply while I was there. I did take my own pot and pan but theirs was nice as mine I could have left my home.I cooked the whole time while I was there and the stove top work very good, All lights worked as well. I told one of the ministers son and other pastors and they said that they will think about staying next year when The Convention starts in December 2013 if its theLords will. Keep up the good work staff and thank you, may God continue to bless your business.

Sister Joanne Williams

Room Tip: the first floor location was great
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joanne W
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed at the Extended Stay America Hotel in Marietta, Ga. Windy Hill & Leland . We were given 2 smoking rooms and we are non smokers, we talk to the front desk person Rooseline Destines about giving us non smoking rooms there were no other rooms at this hotel or any of the sister hotel because of the july 4th weekend, she promise us she would do every thing she could to get us a non smoking rooms, we left to go to dinner and she had gotten us 2 non smoking rooms. she went out of her way to make our stay wonderful. The rooms were clean, and fully equipped with what suppose to be in the rooms. We would recommend this hotel .

Thanks
J & B Jones of Dallas, Texas

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and the staff. While I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am disheartened to know that it began with a smoking room when that was not requested. For that, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available, unfortunately in your circumstance the hotel was sold out and there was a lack of availability. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

This was my first experience with an Extended Stay America. I was under the impression all hotels who had fully equipped kitchens and lower prices were over ran by contractors and large families who stayed by the months. Don't ask. I pleaded with my sister to find another hotel, needless to say my sister reserved the room. I'm happy she did!!! The room just felt warm and inviting. We only stayed for a night but I could have stayed for more. The kitchen area was clean; the dishes were well kept and ready for use. The beds were nicely made and the sheets appeared sanitary, no appearance of bed bugs. The bathroom was blend but clean. We didn't have any problems with staff. When we came in later in the night around 1 pm, I didn't see any hotel staff. I'm not sure if late night quest check in is an option, it just looked CLOSED.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Staysea T
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.