“I Have Mixed Feelings”

Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Peoria, Illinois
“I Have Mixed Feelings”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel is located right off of I-75 in Marietta. It is very easy to find and it's very close to restaurants (it is right behind a McDonalds). Check in was ok, I requested a king non-smoking but when I got there I was told they didn't have any. They only had doubles. I talked to the lady, told her we just drove 700 miles, were very tired and that I was not sleeping in a double. Not that I am too good for it but because my husband is a big guy and I knew I wouldn't get any sleep in a double. She quickly changed some things around and we were on our way to our king room. The rooms are average hotel rooms. We had a fridge, microwave, desk, and extra comfy chairs. The sinks are outside the bathroom and there are no tubs, only showers. It was very clean and modern. The downside was they were pretty small. I slept like baby, didn't hear any one make any noise which is wonderful. The pool is clean but very small. I have only two negatives. The first is the ice machine on our floor was broken. No biggie really but it kinda sucked having to go up and down to get ice. The second and my major issue was check out. We were in a hurry to get on the road and there was nobody at the desk. There was no button to push nor was there no number to call. You just had to wait. You couldn't leave because they charge your card $25 for incidentals and I had to get that refunded. I was stuck...for over 15 minutes. I was just getting ready to call the main Ramada number when someone showed up.

Room Tip: Call down to the desk before you check out to make sure someone is there!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jen H
Fernando A, Director General at Ramada Marietta/Atlanta North, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank your for staying at the Ramada Marietta NW Atlanta. I am glad you enjoyed the peace and quiet of our rooms and the microwave, fridge and comfy chairs.

We will address getting the ice machine fixed with our maintenance deparment. Also, we will fix the issue of the front desk not being present for your departure. I apologize about the wait .

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Fernando Aguilar.
Ramada Marietta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed October 5, 2013

For the price it was great. My room was clean and well maintained. Hotel has some age. Clerks were dressed and acted professionally. Nice little breakfast. Very quiet for my stay. It was a shower only, but that was fine for me. I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Fernando A, General Manager at Ramada Marietta/Atlanta North, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear guest,

We appreciate your comments. It is very important for us to give the best possible service. Day by day we want to improve.

We hope you visit us again.

Tn
Reviewed September 9, 2013

When we arrived, Sheniqua greeted us. She was very courteous, full of life and engaged herself as necessary. She gave details of hotel and always presented us with a smile. The rooms were small, but smelled really good upon entry.. However, under the bed was an used sanitary liner. Yuck!!! Couldnt use the pool due to inconvenience sign attached on door. The air conditioner vent needed cleaning; I pray that wasn't mold spores we saw. We requested the 3rd floor which was completely non smoking. The refrigerator was way too small. The door on bathroom was irritating. But because room was so small, they had to have sliding doors. The hotel is nestled behind McDonalds. Safety didn't appear an issue for us while we were there. We stayed Thursday and Friday night. We called down to request for a late checkout on Friday night and was given the o.k.. However, on Saturday morning, we received a call from front desk asking if we needed a late checkout. Finds out that the guy on night shift didn't make note of that. Probably too busy on that computer in the lobby and forgot to make a record of our request. THE VERY BEST PART OF OUR STAY WOULD HAVE TO BE THE SERVICE WE RECEIVED FROM SHENIQUA (FRONT DESK CLERK). SHE WAS AWESOME!!! WAY TO GO SHENIQUA!!! ;-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Fernando A, Gerente at Ramada Marietta/Atlanta North, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your review on your stay here at the Ramada Marietta NW.

We will work harder on providing a cleaner environment.

Hope we can look forward to see you again.

Best regards

Mascoutah
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Several things didn't work in our room including the television. Toilet was not very clean. Sink stopper didn't work.I'm glad I wasn't staying more than one night.The desk receptionist just couldn't wait to get off work and didn't want to be there. In the morning when we went to check out, no one was around to check us out so I just left.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Fernando A, Gerente at Ramada Marietta/Atlanta North, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your comments about your stay here at the Ramada Marietta NW Atlanta.We will work harder on providing a cleaner environment.

Mystic, Connecticut
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family and I stayed 7 days @ the Ramada for vacation. Overall the stay was quite comfortable. The rooms were very clean except the air conditioner (it appears to have mold in the vents) With that being said it's not a complaint but they need to clean them out and have someone clean the windows inside and out.

The staff was nice especially Ramone Cook and our housekeeper Yunuen. They both were exceptionally pleasant. The would greet us each morning.

The pool is small, the hours are weird (weekdays 5pm to 10pm) (weekends 9am to 10pm) it was constantly dirty so I would not allow the kids to go in. Hair and white cloudy particles floating (awful looking) The kids were disappointed but it wasn't a deal breaker for me as I didn't want to get in anyways...BUT they need to treat it and clean it with better products.

Upon booking the reservation the sight indicated that after 5 days during check out we would recieve a $25.00 gas card but Ramone said it would be mailed to me so we'll see. I hope they honor the promotion.

The staff is limited... they are the front desk people, they service the breakfast area, security and the list goes on.. I felt bad for them. Our bathroom toilet was flooded and I called downstairs and was told I had to come and get the plunger because there was no maintance person working and that she was alone. WOW!! she was very apologetic and I understood so I couldnt be mad but still they need to have more people on the staff I shouldn't have had to deal with that.

All in all it was in a good location, very close to the highways and what we had planned for the week. It was hard to find though because there are several streets with the same name. It's hidden on a side street behind McDonalds. Anyways, it was a nice, clean and comfortable hotel and I would stay again if I were in the area. The beds were very comfortable. I heard alot of people complaining about this and that but coming from me who is normally picky with what I pay for. I have no true complaints with the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Tamara G
Fernando A, General Manager at Ramada Marietta/Atlanta North, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your review on your stay here at the Ramada Marietta NW. We are changing all of our air conditioner's for new ones. The area of the pool is going to be updated. Please let me know if you didn't received the gas card.

We are working hard to make our hotel a better place.

Best regards.

Ramada Marietta
Travelers also viewed these Marietta hotels
Quality Inn Marietta
Quality Inn Marietta
#6 of 33 in Marietta
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Marietta
Baymont Inn & Suites Marietta/Atlanta North
Days Inn Marietta-Atlanta-Delk Road
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Days Inn Marietta White Water

Been to Ramada Marietta/Atlanta North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Marietta/Atlanta North

Property: Ramada Marietta/Atlanta North
Address: 1175 Powers Ferry Place, I-75 exit 261 (Delk Rd.), Marietta, GA 30067-6403
Location: United States > Georgia > Marietta
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Marietta/Atlanta North 2.5*
Enjoy a relaxing stay at our Ramada Marietta - Northwest Atlanta hotel. Centrally located off Interstate 75 at Delk Road, our Marietta, Georgia, hotel near downtown Atlanta offers easy access to Dobbins Air Force Base, Lockheed Martin, and local corporations. Downtown Atlanta is just a 30-minute drive from our hotel, making day trips easy.

Unwind after a fun-filled day with a swim in our indoor pool and stay active with a workout in our exercise facility. Each morning, refuel with our free expanded continental breakfast. Along with our free Wi-Fi Internet access for planning your day. Just 10 minutes from our Marietta, Georgia, hotel, shop more than 100 stores and grab a bite to eat at Cumberland Mall. For a day of family fun, make a splash on more than 20 thrilling slides and relaxing pools at Six Flags White Water. Journey to the Georgia Aquarium and see over 120,000 animals, take an underwater tour, and catch a movie in 4D. If you are a sports fan, watch the Braves in action at Turner Field or see the Falcons on the gridiron at the Georgia Dome.

Enjoy sizzling steaks and delicious entrees made from the stuff of legends at Stoney River Steakhouse, less than five miles from our Marietta, Georgia, hotel. Add some spice to your stay with authentic Indian food at nearby Lahore Grill. For a fun-filled atmosphere, head to Dave and Buster's and for a fresh, convenient meal on a busy day, grab a sandwich at My Friends Place, both located just five minutes from our hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Wyndham, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Marietta/Atlanta North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Marietta, Nw Atlanta Hotel Marietta