“Distinguished Hotel in gorgeous surroundings”

Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The room we stayed in was huge and immaculately clean, the staff were extremely friendly and when I accidently locked us out of our safety deposit box the security guy was at the door within 15 mins. The town of Marietta itself is quaint and if you can't manage the 15 min walk to/from the square the concierge run a shuttle bus.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room to a view of the golf course, the car park looks ok but the other side would be be...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
DuaneSherman-GM, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Jenn_Dundee,

Thanks for staying with us and for giving us a positive review! We agree that the setting here is gorgeous. Marietta Square is a great little venue....next trip...maybe Kennesaw Mountain? Fabulous views! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I recently stayed at your hotel and had a awful experience. First off the approach of the lobby area is very warm and welcoming until you get inside your room. The room is very small and the bathroom is even smaller. My room smelled of old mold and mildew. I called the Front Desk and spoke to a woman named Gina who said I couldn't be moved but overall she did nothing to try and fix the situation!! I WAS HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED. So later that night I decided to order room service but couldnt get a hold of no one the phone just kept ringing and ringing. Then somehow got forward to the Front Desk each time so the kind gentleman Ugo helped me with my order and apologized. So I waited for my food and it arrived about a hour later, the food was cold and stale with no taste what so ever. I could go on but this experience was by far the worst I've had in years. And dont even bother talking to management they are just rude unprofessional people. So word of advice stay somewhere worth your money.

Room Tip: Request a cleaner room since room 323 smells like mildew.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
DuaneSherman-GM, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Briana L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us. We will use your feedback to learn from these mistakes and address the issues. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise Again, I apologize for the inconveniences and our failure to keep that promise on this recent stay. Hopefully we will have another chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I had a number of problems at my stay the Hilton Conference Center, Marietta GA, on August 21 2013. I called the hotel more than a week prior to my stay. The clerk talked to me then forwarded the call to the national reservation center. The center representative gave me two options to stay at the hotel. One was a prepaid discount without an option for cancellations. The other was a higher priced stay with an option for no charge cancellations and included breakfasts. I choose the higher priced option so that I could switch hotels if the room was unsatisfactory. I booked a king size bedroom facing the golf course, and attained a reservation number. The clerk at the hotel related in our prior conversation that there would be plenty of room for our dogs to run at the facility.
When we arrived at the hotel, Wednesday evening, however, we were told that there was no king room available. The clerk told me that a reservation was probably made for the same room by the hotel when I was talking with the national reservation center. Why then, didn’t the hotel also make my reservation directly? After I told the clerk that I would stay at another hotel, he “found” a king room available. The clerk also told us that there was a recent $75 cancellation fee that we would have to pay if we chose to leave the hotel before the reserved stay was finished. This was in direct opposition to the center representative who told me there would be no restrictions to an early cancellation if I paid the higher price.
In contrast to what I was told about allot of space for the dogs, the golf course that the hotel sits on was off limits to guests or dogs, and there was no room for me to walk the dogs. The “king sized bed” was queen size, and the bathroom was so small that there was no room for even a toilet tissue holder. The toilet tissue was in a cabinet under the sink. We placed it on top of the toilet. The room was barely large enough for our dogs to fit. The light in the room entry-way didn’t work and part of the bathtub faucet was broken.
I am a swimmer and inquired about the pool when I made the reservation. The reservation representative told me that it was open at 5 A.M. Upon arriving, the hotel clerk told me it would open at 9 A.M., too late for me to use it before my seminar time. I took the dog to the pool in the morning, thinking that there would be space outside for the dog to walk. Once we went through the first floor door to enter the pool area, I couldn’t get back into the building. The door was open only into the pool and locked to the building. There was no card key machine to open the door back into the building. I thought that I would miss my seminar and have to wait over three hours for the pool to open. I managed to climb a wall with my dog, and push through painful shrubs into the golf course. I later called a hotel clerk to inform her as to what happened to me. She denied that there was no way for me to get back out the door, but refused to tell me how I could have done so.
The night we arrived, we asked to get the entry light bulb in the room replaced because it was hard to see. The clerk told us we would have to wait until the next day, for engineering to fix it. I left something in the room and called on Monday, the day we left, to see if it was found. We were told that the head of housekeeping was off that day, and we would have to wait until Tuesday. I couldn’t believe that a Hilton Hotel was unable to replace a guest’s light bulb at night, or check to see if an item was left in a room.
I was surprised and shocked that a hotel chain with a reputation for excellence had such poor customer service and insufficient accommodations. The Hilton reputation, my ability to swim there, our prior experience with Hilton Hotels, and dog friendliness was the reason we choose this location. Our experience was a huge inconvenience and disappointment. The lower priced hotel that we changed to had much better customer service, more amenities, and a much larger room. They made us feel welcome in their hotel as opposed to the Hilton staff that made us feel like we were there for them, not they for us. How can Hilton stick to their reputation for quality luxury hotels and continue keep this location in their chain?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jay M

Dear Jay M,

Thank you for your comments and also for staying with us. Please accept my apologies for your negative experience. It appears we dropped the ball completely and there is no excuse for that. We strive to deliver on our promise of excellent service and take it seriously when we fail to deliver. We look forward to regaining your confidence in our ability to do so. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Atlanta Hilton/Marietta Conference Center, and we had a thoroughly enjoyable, relaxing time. Staff were friendly, helpful, courteous; our room on the 6th floor was very clean, comfortable, well-appointed, and we had a great view overlooking the beautiful golf course and Kennesaw Mountain. We had breakfast on the veranda and the service was impeccable, food delicious. The outdoor pool is very large with a connected hot spa and located in a beautiful, private setting. I give this Hilton a 5-star rating only because I can't give it 6. Great hotel, great food, even better staff. Highly recommended. Special thanks to Hilton executive Dave Jenkins.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret H

Dear Margaret H,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the kind review. We sincerely look forward to serving you again when you visit our hotel for a social event or for some rest and relaxation.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel is what I expect from a Hilton. Smart, quiet, efficient, neat and very welcoming. The room was great, the grounds are an immaculate golf course and the breakfast is a buffet feast overlooking this golf course. The restaurant staff couldn't do better if they tried. They were amazing and accommodated me perfectly even after I arrived late and they were packing breakfast up. So worth a stay if you are in the area.
It was great for location for me but I was seeing friends so I dont know about local attractions.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
DuaneSherman-GM, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Hoox,

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! The staff here works hard to make each guest feel welcome. We agree that the beauty of the surrounding grounds certainly helps make that a little bit easier. We look forward to serving you again when you come to visit your friends (or if you just want to sneek in for some personal R&R...maybe a little golf?)

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Although the lobby is beautiful, the sleeping rooms are old and worn looking and need updating. If you are handicap in any way, go somewhere else. When booking rooms for family members to attend a funeral in Marietta, I was provided the various handicap rooms available and the location of each. I was guaranteed my Uncle who has Parkinson's and dementia, who walks slowly with a walker, would have a handicap room with a walk-in shower. I was also told the handicap rooms are near the elevator for convenience. NOT TRUE. What I reserved and was guaranteed was polar opposite of what my familly members got. To make it up; however, they were given a wheechair to borrow to take to the funeral since my Uncle fell trying to get into the tub?! Handicap rooms, if you can call them that, are standard rooms with a bench in the tub. They are located at the end of the hallway quite a distance from the elevator. This Hilton is a law suit ready to happen. They, Managers, are indignant to the misrepresentation as the Hilton staff team are apologetic. They often get "the heat" of the complaints. I can not imagine this hotel being ADA compliant. I do NOT recommend this hotel unless you are 100% active and healthy and under 65. As a meeting planner, this hotel is below standard and not one to utilize for any group if you want to guarantee a positive experience. Although my point of view is hearsay from my experience and that of my family, it is the feedback from hotel staff that confidently leads me to not recommend this hotel. Shame on Hilton for accepting this hotel as is and calling it a Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Dwight B,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your relatives recent stay. I regret we were unable to meet their needs and your expectations. Please know that the hotel is ADA compliant. We do have rooms with permanent tub seats, removable tub seats and rooms with roll-in showers. Unfortunately, the roll-in shower rooms were reserved and occupied prior to your relative's arrival. Although our central reservations staff may have misunderstood your request, or even made an error in the reservation, I assure you they would never knowingly misrepresent the services or accomodations the hotel provides. Although the staff did provide some accomodation, please accept my apologies for our inability to completely meet your needs/expectations.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

First time at a Hilton Hotel. Stayed because my class reunion was being held there. Really great and food was wonderful at the restaurants. Food at reunion not so great. Staff was wonderful and helpful. Would recommend to anyone and would stay here again for sure.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
DuaneSherman-GM, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Lorrie D,

Thank you for your kind review. As I mentioned in our other correspondence, I'll be looking into that banquet meal. We want all of our experiences to be as positive as your restaurant and overnight stay ones were. Thank you especially for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon should your travels bring you back to Marietta!