“Royal Treatment”

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Weeki Wachee, Florida
“Royal Treatment”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this Hilton Hotel for my niece's wedding in Marietta. We were pleasantly surprised how friendly and helpful everyone was. We especially appreciated Debra at the front desk, who went out of her way to make sure our every need was met. Patrick took great care of us too. This Hilton team went above and beyond to make sure we had a fantastic stay.

The folks in the bar were pleasant and the drinks were good. We plan to eat in the restaurant tomorrow morning for breakfast.

The beautiful hotel is conveniently located in downtown Marietta. I just don't think you can go wrong by booking your stay here! Thanks so much to the Hilton team for making our Marietta trip so wonderful!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DuaneSherman-GM, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Rickyred,

Wow! Thank you so much for staying with us and for the great comments. We agree that Debra and Patrick represent us well and really strive to make our guests feel special. Perhaps we'll get to see you again, even if it's just a leisurely trip and not a wedding? We look forward to it! Until then, safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed the week during a perfect game baseball tourney. Nice hotel, rooms a little small, but very convenient to all fields and to downtown Marietta. Nice pool area. Rooms upscale but small. Gold course onsite to enjoy along with bar area. One mile drive to downtown Marietta which is cool place to visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DuaneSherman-GM, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Acarter_13,

Thank you for the great review. Being in the middle of the summer baseball tournaments gives us a great opportunity to meet and serve a variety of folks and teams from around the country. Thanks for allowing us to be your home, if only for a few days. We look forward to seeing you again during next year's games. Until then, safe travels!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days of back-to-back meetings and there are definitely pros and cons:

Pros:
the grounds are beautiful
the hotel has a free shuttle that can take you to the downtown Marietta area, which is lovely
hotel staff was extremely friendly and nice

Cons:
the elevators smell really bad - like a barn
the hotel's restaurant made me sick every single time i ate there - breakfast, lunch and dinner
far away from the airport - 40 minutes

Overall it was pleasant but I'm not sure I would come back unless I had to.

Dear Jaime P,

Thank you for the thoughtful and thorough review. It definitely gives us some things to feel good about and some things to work on. I've shared this with our Food and Beverage staff and Maintenance staff to address those specific issues and to ensure this experience is not replicated. We appreciate your being our guest and hope to serve you again in the future. Until then, safe travels!
Orange Park, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I've stayed at this location a number of times but this was the first time I incurred a problem. The bed mattress appeared to be well used and the middle sagged lower than the edges. This one less than very satisfied experience will not deter me from future Hilton stays.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Glenn D,

I appreciate your feedback in this review. We will find that mattress and make sure it is addressed. While I am heartened by your past positive experiences and by your willingness to give us another opportunity to serve you, please accept my apologies for this stay. We look forward to seeing you again. Until then, safe travels!
Boston, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Spent two LONG nights with multiple groups of teenagers in town for a sporting event. If you want to re-live fraternity/sorority house life, it's a great hotel to visit. The hotel itself was very clean, reasonable rates, beautiful view of the golf course, but the loud noise coming from the other groups staying the hotel led to two nights of very little sleep.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Amy C,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts about your experience. Please accept my apologies for the noise issue. Although I am pleased to see our performance in other areas was good, we should have done better to ensure you a restful night. We would welcome another opportunity to provide you with a totally positive experience. Until then, safe travels!
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My wife and daughter stayed here during a short visit for a camp in Marietta the last week in June -- First, no upgrade for a HH Diamond, secondly the Lounge was closed. I would expect more from a Hilton Property so I am not sure why the challenges. This is the second year we have stayed here for this camp and last we experienced much better service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DuaneSherman-GM, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Jeff A,

Thank you for providing us feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry it was disappointing. Please accept my apologies. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. We are diligently working to find alternatives to express our appreciation of and to recognize our valued Hilton Honors guests when we are sold out and our supply of upgrades is exhausted. Thank you once again for your comments. We would welcome an opportunity to regain your confidence in us in the future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I spent a week, rented 20 hotel rooms for a traveling baseball team, the first 4 days were hellish, as a pokemon (i now know what that is) freak show was there with 1200 participants of all ages. To make a long story short because of the lack of supervision (parents checked them in and left), sleep was short every night, confrontations were many, including 1 night where the marietta police were called. The front desk did as much as they were able to contain the situation, but I would advise you to check on who else is there when making a reservation. Also very tough to resolve thru hilton a glitch in their system. Since I reserved and held all rooms on my credit card, with hilton honors info, and parents replaced it with their own, I received 7 new enrollments with pin numbers and THEIR credit card information. Easily could have been resolved by Hilton by telling me who each number was attached to, since my email address was on all accounts. They would not do that citing their privacy policy. But of course they had already violated their own privacy policy giving me all their credit cards, again the front desk supervisor there, stepped in and I think by the 7th day we had it resolved. The hotel is great, with golf course on the premises, they made allowances for early breakfast for us and 3 other baseball teams staying there, as well as late checkouts when we were rained out. The staff was great, service was fine, accommodations were fine,,, all was fine except the stuff they had no control over.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the golf course.
1 Thank sgold40
DuaneSherman-GM, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear sgold40,

Thanks again for staying with us, for your understanding over that week and for this review. As I mentioned previously, although we strive to get it right the first time, when we don't we want to learn from each experience and make it right. With respect to the Hilton Honors accounts, I do believe our Front Office Manager did get it straightened out. If you find differenty from future correspondence, please let me know. Thanks again. See you next year, if not sooner!

Duane Sherman