Hilton Atlanta / Marietta Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Seattle WA
“HIstoric Hotel”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

VERY interesting VERY BIG hotel that once was a confederate Military training academy.
GReat portraits, cannon etc in lobby but very little historic explanation
Golf course beautiful but not particularly "friendly" to sole female player
FABULOUS breakfast buffet!!
CHarge for internet unless Hilton HOnors
Some rates include Breakfast??
EMpty during week.. seems to thrive on a few business road warriors and lots of special events of conventions and wedding.. BEAUTIFUL !! property!!!

Room Tip: Eat breakfast and dinner in the GRILL NEED CAR!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Betty65SeattleWA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding. We were not greeted at the front door when we walked into the lobby. We looked around for a luggage cart and could not find one. We had to ask at the front desk, as we were struggling with all of our bags, the receptionist said 'I'll have to call for it'. We were checked in but no luggage cart ever showed up, so we decided to carry our bags to our room ourselves. When we arrived in our room, I was disappointed to find two beds rather than the one king that I had reserved. I checked the website and they describe beds in the rooms with two as queens but there is no way these were, they were double beds at best. We called the front desk and asked to be switched to a king room we had reserved and were told that the hotel was filled and they couldn't move us. No apology or let me look and see if I can do anything. Just a quick 'No'.

When we put out the bath mat to shower, we found stains on it, like multiple color marks on a white bath mat.

We knew when we made the reservations (3 months ago) that our plane would be leaving later than check out and had requested a late checkout (we had hoped to stay until 2 pm) at that time and again when we checked in. When we called to verify it on the morning of our departure we were told they could not accomodate us. We had to rush around at the last minute to check out on time.

I won't stay at this hotel again and doubt that I will stay at another Hilton ever again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jennifer S
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We are almost always pleased when we stay at Hilton properties, but this place is outstanding. Very good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thebandteacher
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Great experience here - lobby is very welcoming. I booked a room with a package for golf. The course was very hilly and was challenging, well maintained. I would stay here again. As a Hilton Honors member I got free breakfast which is always good.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Josh M
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel was a plesant surprise to our family. It's appears to be a very old and historic type facility that has been refurbished to modern standards. It overlooks a beautiful public golf course and even though you are off of a busy street once you arrive on the property you feel that you are in the country. The rooms are nicely appointed, the outside pool area is private and clean. The bar is really nice but the drinks are pricey. The golf course is not managed by the hotel so you don't get any special green fee rates but the convenience of walking out of the hotel onto the golf course was nice.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a golf course view on one of the upper floors
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank calvinhead
anywhere
Reviewed September 9, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel for a relative's wedding. We had an okay standard stay (overpriced from the rate of $148 for one night). The next day, we didn't get our complementary voucher for a breakfast as I usually do (as a Hilton Honors member, for my frequent stay at this brand). When I inquired at the desk why, I was told that this hotel was owned by the city and that each hotel sets it's own rules regarding comps. which I found strange for such a large chain. Nevertheless, my wife and I plunked down $30 each! for a mediocore buffet. What astounded us was that they had four staff in the dining area but out of dozens of empty tables they were all dirty and uncleared! None of the previous guests had been cleaned up after. I asked one of the staff where we could sit as all the tables were dirty and none were being cleared and only a few tables were currently occupied. He guided us to a table still dirty with used coffee cups, sugar rappers, spill rings, etc. and there we sat! They never even wiped the table down! Needless to say we were shocked and disappointed with this substandard service, something that you wouldn't expect with Hilton chain! We will be staying from now on at a rival chain at one third the cost!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank cpacific
Anderson,SC
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We had a great stay. This is a very nice property. Rooms are clean and decorated nicely. I will be staying here again. Nice front desk employees, great location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family