“Comfortable Stay Close to Atlanta”

Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We have travelled to Florida twice in our lives and stayed both times at this Hotel. Very well located. It is also very clean and quiet. The hotel lobby staff was excellent and courteous. Our only complaint which is not the hotel's fault, is that, there's only one restaurant within walking distance (Cracker Barrel). This restaurant accomodates 4 different hotels in this location and is always very busy. Would love yo have variety for our evening meal.

Room Tip: Higher floors very quiet and enjoy the security.
Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Thank you very much for the great review about our location and staff! We are honored that you chose to stay with us during your travels to Florida!! We are within walking distance to Cracker Barrel, however; we have plenty of menus to order something in as well. Thank you again for your wonderful review and your loyalty to our property. See you again for your next trip!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Great service at the front desk and very good room cleaning service. Very comfy bedding and pillows. I’ve been looking online to find were I can get a “soft" pillow. Should of paid the hotel to take one home. Only minor issue was the HDTV wasn’t connected to an HD DirectTV box so it was SD TV only, witch looked horrible. Also the local channels and really any good TV stations where locked out. Although NBA TV was available so it was all good. The free wi-fi internet was spotty at best. First world issues I suppose....

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the darker back side of the hotel. Mine was on the front and there is big spotl...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the great compliments about our staff and room cleanliness! I apologize about the inconveniences you faced in regards to our TV Channels and WIFI. We will contact our service providers to see what actions we need to take to clear things up. Also, if you go to hotelpillow.com you can search by hotel brand and purchase pillows! We hope to see you back on your next two week stay!!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during our road trip to Florida. The hotel has a great location (close to 75), and is five minutes from the legendary Marietta Diner. The front desk staff was nice, and check in was quick and painless. However, the room itself was disappointing. The hotel appears to have been recently refurbished, and the refurbishment was... underwhelming. There were spots of peeling wallpaper and carpet in the room. The aging a/c & heating unit was loud when turning on (it woke me up twice overnight). The bathroom was acceptable, but kind of dingy. That said, the room was clean. I was irritated that they did not have cinnamon rolls available at breakfast, and the bananas were so green as to be inedible. Succinctly, I expect more from a Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zach T

Thank you so much for stopping by and also for leaving a review! We have a great location for popping back onto I-75 quickly. Also, thank you for acknowledging our great front desk staff. I do apologize about the room you were in not being up to standards. I would love to speak with you further to receive more information to ensure we make the proper updates. Our phone number here is 770-989-0071 and email address is hiexpress.reservation@gmail.com Thank you again for staying with us and I do hope that you stop back by to give us a second chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed here one night. Check in at the front desk was very easy and fast. The young lady was very nice. You are just a little north of Atlanta.

My room was very clean and had everything I needed. It was quiet at night.

There is a Cracker Barrel across the street.

I would have gave this property an Excellent for the review but the bathroom is too small.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you JeffreyTravel for taking the time to leave us a review! Our housekeeping staff work very hard to make certain that every room is 100% satisfactory and we are excited to hear that you found that to be so! I will take your additional feedback to the appropriate team members. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the new year!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have become a recent traveler with my work and I have to tell you that out off the several hotels that I have stayed in over the course of the year. The Holiday Inn Express here in Marietta, GA is by far the most pleasant place to stay. The entire staff has gone above and beyond to make sure that myself and my peers had everything we needed to take care of the business that we needed to do while we were here. Please take some time to get to know the staff too. Tim, who works the night shift, is one of the most intriguing and interesting men to talk too with a world knowledge to share that you find yourself forgetting your food and just want to lesson. He always is there to greet you when you come down in morning and has the morning breakfast hot and ready to eat. Elizabeth, always smiling and will drop what she is doing just to help you out to make sure that you have everything you need; plus, she bakes great chocolate cookies. And do not forget the cleaning staff, again please take the time to talk to them and thank them for they clean the hotel from top to bottom everyday and they do an immaculate job.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Robert,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review! It was a pleasure having you stay with us and become part of our Holiday Inn Express Family! Thank you for your very kind words about our staff, I will be sure to relay the message to each and every one of them. We can’t wait to see you again in the new year!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I travel together, so I'm getting a bit tired of hotels with big rooms and tiny bathrooms. The door is SO in the way, and it's very difficult for 2 people to be in there at the same time. The sinks were low too...it's just an old fashioned bathroom, even though the rooms have been "updated" with new carpet, granite counters, etc. Towels were not soft and neither were the paper products.
Wi-fi wasn't real strong. Breakfast was typical. Did appreciate the whole wheat bagels and yogurt.
Debbie was very nice at check-in. The place was clean, other than minor cosmetic repairs. All in all, not bad for $82 + tax, but that bathroom issue is enough to make me look elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ilive4sun
HolidayInnATL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Thank you, ilive4sun, for your review. We strive to receive 100% satisfaction from every guest and disheartened to hear that we fell short with your stay. It is reviews like yours that will allow us to continue growing and working on becoming #1 in your eyes!

I will relay your review to the proper team members to discuss possible future renovations. Thank you again for staying with us and we are delighted to hear the Debbie stood out for you during your stay. We do hope that in your future travels you will stop back in!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

clean, affordable, and breakfast was great. Elizabeth the front desk clerk made the best chocolate cookies and was EXTREMELY helpful with directions and local attraction advice. I've stayed here several times for business and would definitely stay here for personal now that i've stayed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

WOW! Thank you for your great review. Elizabeth will be ecstatic to hear that you enjoy the cookies so much, we feel that they are just another way of making you feel at home. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future