“Cool place for a frequent traveler”

Motel 6 Atlanta Northwest - Marietta
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Cool place for a frequent traveler”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Drove into Atlanta for the 4th of July and had to visit family in Marietta and downtown Atlanta. This was a great go between right off the interstate. The rooms were clean and good size with recently updated furnishings. There are laundry facilities on the lobby floor so there is a lot more foot traffic at all hours than I have seen at other places but everyone I talked with in the hall or elevator seemed pretty chill. I'll stay again when I come back down to visit my family and friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Buford, Georgia
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I had a brief (2 night) stay at this location and I wish all of my travel experiences were this pleasant. My room was very clean and staff was extremely friendly. I had to ask for extra towels and sheets and the staff was more than accommodating. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2014

air didnt work in all 3 rooms we were moved to. Drug people all around people fought all night, sheets were dirty. Front Desk and Manager were beyond rude would not refund so had to stay miserable stay to say to least

Room Tip: wifi was awful as well
1 Thank Tiffany D
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The front desk staff are nice, however they have a BIG FAT SLOPPY LAZY MANAGER, that if you complain about your room puts you on the DNR list. I booked a room during a business trip stay, the motel, have every druggie you can name there. Most of the people live in the rooms, the staff is awful with the exception of the front desk, the management is lazy and dirty.. The general manager is nasty and spends most of her time, getting high and flirting with the guys who live there. THEY NEVER CHANGE THE SHEETS OR THE BED SET. THE ROOMS ARE FILTHY, my experience the bed had food left from the night before. Chicken bones, and crumbs in the bed, the room was roachy, and bug infested. Motel 6 customer service sucks I called them to complain and they told me that I had damaged there room, which was a lie. The ROOM WAS NASTY AND DIRTY WHEN I RENTED A ROOM, THE MANAGEMENT STAFF IS LAZY AND SORRY, MOST LIVE IN A ROOM. DO NOT STAY HERE. MOST OF THE ROOMS RENTED ARE TO FAMILIES SO YOU CANT SLEEP, AND DRUG HEADS. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A DIRTY NASTY PLACE, WITH DRUG HEAD, AND BUGS. THIS IS THE BEST CHOICE. THIS MOTEL IS NOT FIT FOR PIGS, MOST OF THE MANAGERS ARE PIGS...

Room Tip: Beware, nasty filthy and management is sorry lazy and fat and sloppy
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank rena L
South Daytona, Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Front desk person very nice After that it went down hill We were "reprimanded" for standing outside our room There were police with drug sniffing dogs on the property Lots of people sitting on the balcony smoking Our car got dinged and no info left Could not wait to check out

2 Thank 57PatB
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this location a few times in the past, but not anymore. The location is great but the hotel has truly gone downhill. The front desk clerk gave no information as to where our room was, whether any sort of breakfast was available, what the Wi-Fi password was, or that they apparently turn the wi-fi off after 11 at night. The room was small but appeared clean. The bathroom was sparse with 1 roll of toilet paper and no replacement roll, 1 bar of soap, and 1 towel even though when we made the reservation it was for 2 guests. The bed was another matter. The sheet and bedspread both had holes in them and the mattress may have been a mattress in a previous life, but not this one. As hard and as uncomfortable as you can imagine, then a little worse. The TV remote didn't work but that was ok as the TV only had a range of 12 channels with nothing on. Our door didn't seal all the way and a few creepy crawlies got in but luckily they were small. Over all, this is a great place to stay in you're traveling and need the absolute bare minimum to lay your head for a few short hours and nothing more.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank exarkkun
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This motel might have been a good place to stay, but I DOUBT it! We arrived at check in time 3pm and were told there were no rooms available yet even though we had reservations! We left and came back 3 hours later at 6pm and were told our rooms were still not available... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? We were not the only guests this happened to, while waiting for the less than knowledgeable manager to bring his sorry rear to assist us about 5 other people were told their rooms weren't available either because apparently they had NO clean sheets! Luckily I got a full refund, still yet this is unacceptable and I want to tell everyone possible not to waste their time on this place! I wasn't expecting anything great because you do get what you pay for, but dang I was expecting to check in AT check in time!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
2 Thank travelingfoodlovers