“Nice rooms”

Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night. Enjoyed the "new" renovations. The room was well appointed and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking in this area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Very welcoming bell staff and front desk. Beautiful big suites. Terrible wi-fi, Nice big flat screen TV's with 1970's reception, poor quality and no weather channel. Management needs to bring this hotel into the 21st century. Veery poor business hotel experience.

1  Thank 2y2r2onot2
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have stayed here before and this place is getting pretty old and worn. It is no more obvious than in the technology available at this hotel now getting very out of date....

1) This is the only hotel I've stayed at in the past many years that does not have high-def TV. It does have these nice flat screens in each room, but you can only get old standard-def channels on the TVs. Forget about watching sports for example.
2) NO WEATHER CHANNEL! When I'm travelign I want to know what's going on in the local city, back home and where I'm travelling next. The Weather Channel is always a trusted source for getting a national update around the country each morning. These guys don't have it.
3) WIFI sucks. I've stayed many times here and its the same story each time. Signal strength is weak in all the rooms (almost useless in the exercise room), and the speed is really slow. Feels like its 10 year old WIFI.
4) Carpet getting old and worn. Just doesn't look fresh. 'Nuff said.

The people at the hotel are really nice, particularly Sylvan at the bar. But there are alot better choices in the area for the same money.

Room Tip: They are all the same.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I always stay here when in this part of Atlanta on business and am grateful for the environment and the consistency from the room quality, staff friendliness and even the food options. Very nice atmosphere, comfortable rooms and easy access in and out.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Marty B, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank You for taking the time to provide your comments!

Our Hotel Team Always tries to provide a comfortable, clean, and friendly place for travelers to stay while away from home ... to learn from your comments that we are succeeding on a 'consistent' basis is truly appreciated! Engineering, Housekeeping, Restaurant ... Staff in all the various Departments work hard on a daily basis to ensure that all of our Guest's experience what you have described. We are grateful for your patronage and trusting us to continually provide the Quality, Value, and an Atmosphere you can depend upon!

We look forward to 'Welcoming' you back on your next visit to this part of Atlanta!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Good service and nice rooms. However they not have THE WEATHER CHANNEL, which is critical in case of winter storms like last week in Atlanta. I spoke to the manager and he is working with his Corporate office to switch from DirecTV to a provider that has The Weather Channel. The Weather Channel is amongst the top 3 most requested channels by travelers... makes sense.

Room Tip: No Weather Channel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your comments. I am happy to learn that you experienced Good Service from our Hotel Team and appreciate our Two-room Suites.

We hope you will return to our Hotel and continue to enjoy the Quality, Value and Benefits of our beautiful Hyatt Regency Suites Hotel!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

This was the first time for us at this hotel. We decided early Friday to stay in Atlanta as we were doing a play on both Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.

First, this is the lowest category hotel for award (only cost 5,000 points) for an evening.

When we arrived, we were warmly greeted by the front desk agent. She immediately welcomed me as a Diamond member and told me I was being upgraded to a Regency Suite. She also offered me an amenity option of 1,000 points or beverage and food. I took the points. She also indicated that internet service would be free and that we were free to have anything at the restaurant on Sunday morning for free.

We were assigned Room 602. It was a great suite. much more than we needed. It had over 800 sf., a wet bar with refrigerator, big island, dining table with seating for 8, and a large living room, 1 1/2 bathrooms, two televisions. It also had a beautiful view of the Atlanta skyline that was several miles away.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming each time we went in or out of the hotel.

We truly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and highly recommend it.

We will certainly try and stay here when we go to Atlanta on the weekends and stay.

Room Tip: Even number rooms will give you a cityview of Atlanta in the distance... go for higher floors.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

I greatly appreciate your comments and review of the Staff and Hotel!

Hyatt Gold Passport Members certainly do appreciate the Quality and Value of our Hotel once they have 'discovered' us. And we are so glad you stayed with us while enjoying the wonderful entertainment options available in our area! The Hotel's Front Desk Associates, as do all of our Staff, truly want to make your stay with us a wonderful experience.

We look forward to 'Welcoming' you back on your next week-end 'Stay-cation'!

P.S. As you stayed with us in January, I hope you will get to enjoy our Pool and Waterfall Garden during warmer weather ... it really is pretty and relaxing when in full bloom!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Of course the whole world has heard about "Carmageddon" in snowy Atlanta. Well since most of my coworkers were snowed in & my boss afforded me the opportunity to be close to work he booked me a room at the Hyatt Suites. Now I might be biased since I had no where else to go, but let me tell you this hotel is on ALL CYLINDERS!! UPDATED, CONTEMPORARY, CLEAN, with the most spacious single rooms I have ever encountered (wish I snapped photos). I didn't have to park so I'm assuming it's free since this isn't downtown but it was plentiful. Free washer/dryer which came in handy since I didn't pack. Strongly suggest you check out this hotel you won't be disappointed! Lastly my only con: NO FREE WI-FI!!!!! & THE WEATHER CHANNEL was desperately needed.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelTammie

I'm very glad we were able to accommodate you during the snow and ice storm and I appreciate your nice comments about our Hotel and Staff!

We have received great feedback from guests about our renovated, bright, and open contemporary design. Our staff always tries to exceed guest expectations and our Housekeeping Staff truly works hard at keeping our suites and hotel in general, very clean! You are correct; parking is complimentary while Valet Parking is also available for a nominal fee. It is an unfortunate situation which is occurring between the Weather Channel and DirecTV and we are researching alternative solutions to remedy the loss of the Weather Channel on our televisions. Wi-Fi is available for a nominal fee plus there are four computers with printers available for complimentary guest usage in our Lobby area.

We look forward to 'Welcoming' you back to our Hotel in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Marietta
Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Wyndham Garden Marietta Atlanta North
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest? Share your experiences!