“Very spacious suites; out of the way location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles
“Very spacious suites; out of the way location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at this Hyatt for 5 nights on a business trip. The hotel is very nice; very friendly stuff; nice lobby. The suites are very spacious and well appointed. The room service is quite good; the movie selection is good as well.

The location is not central; you're in the suburbs of Atlanta. Really nothing to do around; definitely need a car to get anywhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is as consistent as you can get! Comfy, clean rooms with a great spot to work or lounge. Breakfast is fantastic for the healthy, picky eater! And a coffee bar to grab and go. Staff is also helpful and happy.

• Stayed December 2012
South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We choose the hotel because of the suite layout. We were given a specially cleaned room for those with allergies. It was very clean and clean smelling.

I realize that we stayed on an off weekend. There were vacant rooms because it is primarily a business hotel. Unfortunately it was not fully staffed. The staff we encountered were friendly. One potential problem was they totally missed the scheduled wakeup call. Thank goodness we were not flying.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
David C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at my property and apologize for not properly providing your wake up call - I will pass this along to my front office team to ensure we are correct going forward.
As you mentioned, we do have great suites - the entire property was recently renovated and we are proud of our hotel/services provided.
I look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in the area and exceeding all your expectations!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed at this hotel after driving for 10 hours on my way to Florida. I would highly recommend staying at this location. Not far off of the I75 and you don't need to leave the hotel once you get there. I ate at the lobby restaurant and the food was quite tasty. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was big and spacious. The kitchen and sitting area were in one room and my bed was in another room. The bathroom was very spacious too! They have computers in the lobby for guests to use. Would definately come back here again!

Room Tip: When I arrived it was dark and dark in the morning when I left so I don't know what the views we...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Yuba City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I just stayed a total of 10 nights over the past two weeks at the Hyatt Regency Suites in Marietta GA. The experience left me wishing that Hyatt had more suites hotels. Here are my ratings on a Five Star scale:

* Location: 4 stars with easy freeway access
* Space: 5 stars with over 600 square feet of space, the rooms were easily twice the size
of most standard hotel rooms.
* Cleanliness: 4 stars.
* Staff: 5 stars. All staff were very friendly and helpful.
* Comfort: 3.5 stars. The beds a a bit soft and saggy for me, otherwise the rating would be higher. The rooms have a microwave and small refrigerator and two large flat screen televisions.
* Exercise: 5 stars. This hotel was easily the best exercise area I've seen with two rooms,
machines, treadmills and a full compliment of dumb bell weights. There is even a great view. The hotel also offer a card with about a 2.5 mile walk route. Nice touch.
* Breakfast: 4 stars. The breakfast buffet is very good with fresh fruit and other items that are of a higher quality than most breakfast offerings.
* Extras: The hotel has a "free" washer and dryer on the 7th floor. There may others on other floors but I don't know for sure. Self-parking is free of charge.

Tips: * A Wall Street Journal is delivered to your room six days a week. You can also get a USA Today by asking at the front desk. If you want a Sunday paper, it's $2.50 at the front desk.
* If you are a member of AAA, it is well worth it to get a AAA breakfast rate which includes the buffet breakfast for two. The is about a $25 value.
* If you have more than one device (my wife and I both used the internet) that you use for the internet make sure you tell the front desk so you are not charged twice.
* The coffee in the rooms is not so good and there never seemed to be enough sugar/creamer left in the room (an odd place to cut costs). Check near the bar area for a free coffee/tea self service stand. It's not always set-up but it is worth going there for morning coffee or tea.

The bottom line line is that I recommend the hotel and I will stay there again when I am in the area. My only complaint is that Hyatt still is behind the times in charging about $10 each day for internet access. Overall, I give the hotel 4.5 stars. This represents 4 stars for the hotel with an additional half a star because my wife was happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor for best views.
1 Thank Travelseeker777
Thank you so much for the kind comments and overall rating for your recent visit to my hotel! We truly strive to exceed every customers expectation! That being said, I will pass along all your comments to the respective department and strive to get a "5" on each category on your next visit.
Please pass along my thanks to your wife as well - I know how important that satisfaction is,,,

I look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Darien, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very spacious, clean and comfortable. Dog was pretty happy with the stay as well. Close to I75. Staying with a dog, they have you on the 1st floor, close to "dog walk". Very convenient. We stayed on New Year's Eve., there was a party on the 1st floor, and we didn't hear a thing.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Fabulous place to stay. Came to Atlanta for 2 nights and had to stay a third night due to getting the flu. The staff was very accommodating and understanding. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Marietta
Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/I-75 North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Holiday Inn Express Marietta-Atlanta Northwest
Radisson Atlanta Northwest
Radisson Atlanta Northwest
#11 of 33 in Marietta

Been to Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest? Share your experiences!