“Solid Suite Hotel Choice”

Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Solid Suite Hotel Choice”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

If you're looking to stay in the Marietta area, this is a solid option. It is right off of I-75 but feels somewhat secluded and woodsy, given the hilly area. Rooms are recently renovated (at least I don't remember them this nice from prior stays here) and are extremely comfortable and spacious. The TV in the living room is larger than most hotels of this type I've stayed at and the couch is easy to spread out on. The bathroom has a nice, long sink area with plenty of room for several people to lay out their things. There is no closing door between the living room and bedroom, but rather a two-panel partition. I'd much prefer a door, though the partition did a good job of reducing hallway noise. The second and third floors can be noisy due to the hallway leading into an open area that overlooks the lobby. A/C was quiet and cool. My only complaint in the bedroom was that the beds were, in my view, too soft and uneven, and made lots of a weird, loud noise every time I moved.

The location is great as long as you realize you're in suburbia. There are several decent restaurants in walking distance, including a Houston's. The hotel restaurant for breakfast is fine, though a little pricier than it should be. Desk staff was a little on the aloof side, not as warm as they could be, but they got the job done. All in all, this hotel is a very good option in Marietta, particularly if you're looking for rooms with some space.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Americus, Georgia
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We booked directly through he website the breakfast for 2 and check out 2pm package. Hotel nicely updated with nice curb appeal, flatscreens in bedroom and living area. All the rooms are huge, food was great with plenty of it (no need to rush in the mornings) and a great bartender at night. We have booked this hotel twice with the cityview and will book again if in area. If you don't have to stay right in atl, this is a great spot. Staff very helpful. Only con is limited parking and the hill you have to climb if you dont find one, better than paying $20 in downtown.....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Very nice rooms, loved the decor in the lobby. My fiance experienced a front desk clerk that appeared to be lazy and not very helpful when he arrived but I on the other hand was treated like a queen by two wonderful gentlemen. That night it was very noisy on our floor, I guess the walls are thin but we heard a dog barking ( I didin't know pets were allowed) and children playing and adults arguing. Not a very good night to sleep. Ordered room service for an early breakfast. The toast was cold the grits were cold and watery. I did the survey after leaving and informed them of all that we experienced and the reply from the room manager was that they addressed the problem and hope that I would return. I may give it anothher try because compared to the other Hyatts in the area this one is by far the best. I will visit again maybe during a promotion thanks for letting me know IamDoug.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I wanted to thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to my hotel and am glad that overall you enjoyed your visit. As you may have noticed, we recently renovated the entire property and strive to exceed every customer's expectations. I will pass along your comments on improvement to my team and rest assured we look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in the area. Again, thank you for your business and don't hesitate to caontact me directly if I can ever be of assitance.
Mattawan, MI
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We staying in the Atlanta area for a National Baseball tournament called Perfect Game and we were so thankful the team chose the Hyatt Regency Suites. Everything that you would expect with a Hyatt and more. The Suites are simply huge! My wife and I commented that it was actually bigger than our first apartment when we were in college!! :-) Great location - less than a minute to I75 access and all the major highways around Atlanta. Extras are outstanding as the pool area is a place that you can really relax with a great ambiance. Every staff member was polite, courteous and willing to go the extra mile to help out. Thanks so much Vangie for your willingness to structure our payment for the room between cash and credit card!! I will be receiving a nice credit from Capital One as a result of this. Tremendous food in this area that is all very close - two in particular I will review separately, but mention here are PapaDeaux and PapaSito's. Both are within walking distance of the hotel if you choose. Thanks Hyatt for an amazing stay!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
David C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
I thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at my hotel - I will pass along your thanks to Vangie.
You are correct, our rooms are the largest in the area and we recently completed an entire property renovation.
I truly thank you for your business and look forward to your return the next time you are in the area.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I recently traveled to Atlanta for a month long program and rented a furnished apartment for my stay. However, it was not available for a few nights after my arrival so I needed a hotel. I was familiar with Hyatt's spring promotion where you earned bonus points for every 4 nights. It was Hyatt's 48 hour sale that lead me to stay here for 4 nights because the price was too good to pass up, even being a bit of a drive for me.

To begin, what everyone said before me about the parking is true. There is limited parking at the top of the hill, then additional levels of parking that go down until you reach the bottom where the main street is. For someone traveling alone that is carrying a lot / has limitations using stairs, you may want to note that. This was the only negative aspect that I found.

The hotel: nicely remodeled. The lobby (although sometimes strong smelling with their air freshener) was enjoyable. Every staff member I interacted with for my 4 nights was nice and made me feel welcome. The gym had just enough that I could change up my workout routines every night between free weights that went up to 50 lbs and a few machines, though I wish it was just a little bit larger to include more offerings. The pool was still not open when I stayed at the end of April.

The room: loved it. It reminded me a lot of a Hyatt Place offering in a regular styled hotel. There was a fridge and sink area, a business desk with direct sight of the living room tv, and and a large couch. The sleeping area included a 2 second TV so you can choose your relaxation style. My room personally had no issues at all, quality work with the remodel.

Location: right next to a Mellow Mushroom you can walk down wooden steps to. If you have a vehicle, there is almost everything you need no more than a 10 minute drive, including most restaurants, Walmart and Target, etc. etc.

If you are looking to be a little outside of Atlanta, this is the hotel to stay at. It was only a 15 minute drive by the highway and back roads to get to the Buckhead area. Hyatt should look into a few more properties like this around the country.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank justatravelguy
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed here for one night traveling through from Savannah area. We arrived in the evening the front desk area is beautiful! The check in was through a computer that made check in very simple and fast. I got my room keys and went to the room. When my daughter went to use the restroom once we got to our room, she could not find the soap. I went to the bathroom and noticed that the soap was open on the side of the bathtub with a hair on it. The shampoo and conditioner were also in the bathroom shower. I let the front desk know and they sent a maid to clean the bathroom. They then let us know we would be given two free breakfast buffets in the morning because of the inconvenience. I then noticed that the decoritive pillows that belong on the bed were in the floor and not on the bed. I called and asked if they could come and put fresh sheets on the bed and he acted like I was crazy. He said that the computer said the room was clean. He did end up sending someone to change the sheets though and the cleaning staff were both very nice. I also found a used phone card and a piece of trash from shoes and a phone charger on the desk. I am sure that this room was not cleaned. I believe it was cleaned as if the same person was returning (bed made and new towels added) but not completely cleaned for a new guest. After checking my cc statement, I was charged the $30 for the two breakfast buffets that were to be comlimentary for the inconvenience of staying in a dirty room. Though the room is a nice size and the fountain and pool area are nice, I would not stay here again. I do understand that mistakes are made but felt maybe I could have been moved to a clean room or at least not be treated like I was crazy when I told them it was not clean. I did not expect anything to be given to me for the inconvenience, but if it is offered it would be nice if it was actually given. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank AlisonW0815
I wanted to thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to my hotel - Also, I wanted to apologize for any service failures during your stay. Rest assured, I use comments such as this to better servce our guests in the future.
Please don't hesiate to contact me directly if ever in the area, I assure you we will provide a better experience in the future!

Koekelberg, Belgium
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The hotel is well situated close to the highway while it avoids the noise of it. All rooms are suites giving you extra comfort. The breakfast buffet is very good and the hotel has been recently renovated. Downsides: small parking but that is really all I see.

Room Tip: Not sure what the extra cost is (got upgraded due to oversold) but there are presidential suites tha...