“Left a bad taste”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Fiance & I stayed 2 nights in same week at this hotel. Hotel can be hard to find, as we drove right past it the first time and had to turn around. We were going to the hotel next door, when just happened to find this it, little did we know, we should have paid the xtra cash and booked at difft place. The free breakfast that they have, is donuts from the gas station next door, you'd have better luck going to the McDonald's next door. We also inadvertantly left part of our luggage (that DID have my first and last name on it) & didn't realize it til got home. I called immediately after realized it, and the clerk said would check would check w/ Housekeeping & call me back, but also said they hadn't cleaned the room yet. He called back not 10secs later and said they didn't have it. The math isn't possible and is no way clerk could have checked. All we wanted was honest answer. They not only got $110 for 2 rooms, but also an xpensive piece of luggage. When I first checked into the hotel, the clerk was playing on his personal laptop, and taking a personal phone call on cell phone. There's also a a bad accent barrier, could barely understand the phone clerks. Had seen bad reviews about this place, but we were tired and need a place to camp for a night and didn't have time to shop around. Will NEVER stay at this CAMPGROUND again....a VERY WASTED $110+++

Room Tip: Don't waste your money...we happened to waste ours
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Hina P, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

I apologoize for your inconvenience. We have a big sign on the main road as well as a sign on the internal road to provide more clarity for the guests. It is very difficult to miss both of those signs. In terms of the missing luggage, the management is not responsible for any personal items or luggage left behind in the room. The quick phone call was a result of the desk clerk and housekeepers checking your room right away to get you a quick response. We have never received any complaints regarding missing luggage or personal items. If our management finds anything in the room, we are sure to inform the guest as soon as possible. As for the breakfast, we have never purchased any breakfast items from any gas station or convenient store. As a responsible citizen, you can not judge any person from his accent. The management is trying to give best service to our guest. The room rate we provide is based on the service that we provide to our guests.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I booked a room here based on its proximity to the highway and that the pictures of their rooms seemed to be very nice compared to other hotels in the area. When I pulled up, the grounds immediately gave off a "shady" vibe with no landscaping to be seen, and a darkened front office with no one at the front desk. After waiting about a minute someone finally checked me in. When I got my keycard it was in a sleeve that looked like it had been used about two dozen times, numbers were scrawled all over it and crossed out and it had torn in several places.

Then there was the room. Even though it was a non-smoking room I could still smell a lingering presence of cigarette smoke in the air. I don't know whether this was because I was nearby a smoking room, or someone had used this room to smoke in regardless of the rules. The bathroom and sleeping area looked nothing like the "freshly renovated" photos that were on their website. The bedding was incredibly dated and the mattress was more like a stone slab. The bathroom had leaking faucets in the sink and shower that dripped constantly no matter how much you tried to turn them off. The floor had chipped tiles and the caulk was stained and in need of replacement. The heater in the room didn't work either, but luckily it didn't get cold enough to really NEED it, but I never took my jacket off so I could remain "comfortable" when I was in the room.

I mentioned all these things when I checked out and was met with a shrug. It appears their apathetic stance encompasses everything about the facility; from customer service to general maintenance.

Room Tip: Save yourself the hassle and book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The wall that seperates living room from bedroom could be a little shorter, say about as long as the bed or just a little longer.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Hina P, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and giving your helpful suggestion.

Reviewed November 20, 2013