“Badlock”

Reviewed October 22, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lamkak
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had one problem that might make it where I do not stay with you again.
I have never been charged for a stay before I step foot into the room...It was like a server asking for a tip before I looked at the menu. I understand that my card needed to be held to reserve the room and I understand that I needed to pay for my stay. However this was the first time I had been charged and the expences removed before I even set foot in the room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in November of 2010, and was happy enough with it that I decided to give it another try. This time, I found the hotel to be much worse than on my previous stay, which was unfortunate since the downhill slide was so obvious. When I checked in, I was assigned to a room with an air conditioner that was making a smoke detector type noise about once a minute. After being switched to another room, the new room was in disappointingly bad shape. Maintenance and general upkeep is poorly lacking.

In the bathroom...
- Paint had dribbled down onto the shower walls when they were painting, but had not been cleaned up and was now dried and unsightly.
- There were scuffs and dirty marks on all three other walls.
- The shower curtain was ripped and covered in some kind of stain (or maybe it was mildew).
- There was mildew growing where the baseboard meets the walls all around the bathroom.

In the bedroom area...
- The artwork had been taken off the walls and leaned against the wall near the air conditioner, yet the hardware was still on the wall and covered in the wall paint.
- There was no back to the remote, and the batteries kept falling out.
- There was no "Do not disturb" sign
- Blankets had cigarette burns in them

I'm pretty sure that this property bought the absolute cheapest and worst quality mattresses that are made since they made horrible noises when you sat or laid on them, and were exceptionally uncomfortable. Both beds were the same quality. In the first room, one bed had a clear sag to one side. When laying down, you were never able to get comfortable since there was a spring poking into some part of your body, no matter what position you were in. And rolling or moving in bed resulted in uncomfortable thumps and LOUD popping sounds from all the springs. Truly one of the worst mattresses I've ever tried to sleep on.

On a positive note, I do like the location of this hotel since it is very quiet with not a lot of thru traffic. And I didn't find anything particularly dirty so housekeeping seems to be doing a decent job.

Overall...yeah...I'm not staying here again. It's worth a little more to stay some place nicer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank USRoadTripper
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We checked into the Days Inn late (10pm) on Friday night Labor Day weekend. It was ok for a night. The first problem was that while my husband & children went down for breakfast I was stuck in the room waiting for maintenance to come up. Our door would not lock. You could just push it open without the key! I had to wait at least 15 minutes alone in the room. His solution was jiggling the lock & making it come out. I made sure it was locked before I left for the day.
We reserved two additional rooms for our family for Saturday night. When I checked in on Friday he told me to come down around noon & he would check us into the other two rooms. However, the girl at the desk said there would be a $25 fee per room to check in at noon. No thank you. We'll wait!!! So we ended up standing in line for 45 minutes waiting to check in. There was one girl behind the desk & the line was out the door. This was made worse by us seeing all of the "workers"sitting in the back every time the elevator door opened. That would explain why we had to wait. Seemed every body was on break!
Finally checked into the two rooms and one of the rooms had the same door issue! We were told that the maintenance man was not in & it would be fixed tomorrow. So they switched our room. It was just one problem after another at this place.
The icing on the cake was that when we returned from a fun filled evening at Stone Mountain we realized that our room was not locked at all! When the maids had gone in they didn't make sure it was locked behind them. Thankfully, nothing appeared to be missing.

Room Tip: Pay the extra dollars & stay some place nicer
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2011

That was the worse place we have ever stayed at. The service was horrid. The doors would not lock on are rooms when you wanted to leave. The tv was lousey we called the front desk and they said that all the hotels were having problems but in the other room we rented the tv worked fine so when we said that they said interesting and said they had no one to work on it. So spend your hard earned somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Price was only about $60 a night, and not even worth that much. This hotel is dirty, hot, run down, in bad need of some maintenance.
We book a room with 2 queen sized beds. The beds were NOT queen, they were full sized. When we brought this up at the desk we were advised the beds were indeed queen sized, which was a bald faced lie.
Hallways blocked by cleaning crew carts placed strategically in the very middle and at an angle. Rear entrance blocked for an extended period because some genius started to refill a coke machine, and then wandered off leaving a large cart full of canned drinks and several flats of cans just lying all over the floor. I asked the lady at the desk if someone could move the items so I could get out the door (I had a large suitcase in each hand). She asked me if I could use another door instead.
I dont expect a lot for $60, but this place is a rip off even at that price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family