“A decent value” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Daytona Beach
“A decent value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2007

We stayed here one night on the way back to FL.
THE GOOD: The room, while small, was clean and adequately appointed. Though the room showed some age, the carpeting appeared to be fairly new and the bedding was of decent quality, fresh and comfortable with plenty of pillows. The TV was large and worked fine though we had to get batteries from front desk for the remote. It was also fairly quiet except for a few thumps from above. The bathroom was small but clean. I liked that the sink was outside of the bathroom--easier when two are trying to get ready in the morning. Granite countertop was nice touch.

THE LESS THAN PERFECT: We had to put a towel over the A/C vent because the part that allows air flow direction was missing and it was blowing directly on the bed. We ate in the room and had to get our own paper towels, paper plates, etc. out of our car as nothing was provided in the "kitchenette." The icemaker didn't produce one icecube. One portion of the window curtain was not working properly--missing some of the hardware hooks at the top.

• Liked — Nicely maintained older property with outside halls but safe feeling. Quick check-in.
  • Disliked — The kitchenette was useless. Minor annoyance with AC and curtains.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank brnidgrl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chesterfield, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2007

I stayed at this Comfort Inn on December 28th and 29th of 2006. I used a coupon in one of those "exit guide" flyers from a rest stop and got the room for $49.95 plus $7 tax for one person (Room 208). Checkin was friendly and very quick, but the hotel has an odd shape to it. There is no parking in the front of the hotel, but that is where many of the rooms are. Behind and to the side of the hotel there is plenty of parking, but a some guests will have a long walk to their rooms.
The room was very nice with a full kitchen and large television. The bed was fantastic with a nice quilt for those cold nights. I found it to be very clean and a comfortable room. The only oddity was the bathroom fan which blew cold air INTO the bathroom instead of sucking it out of the bathroom. The sink are is very small and is located outside the bathroom.
The free breakfast was basic but nice. The breakfast room is very small. You could make your own waffles and there was toast, cereal and fruit.
Within walking distance is a Cracker Barrel. It is much easier to walk than to drive. Great service.
The hotel has very easy interstate access and there are lots of fast food places nearby. I would stay here again.

• Liked — Location and Full Kitchen in room
  • Disliked — Small sink area, long walk from parking if hotel is fully booked.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jjctraveler
Charlotte, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2006

My husband had a business meeting in GA so we decided that we'd take our three small children along and make it into a mini-vacation. The front desk manager - her name is Freddie - can't remember her last name - she is wonderful. Very polite and friendly. The rest of the staff, however, are deplorable.

The first thing we noticed was the TV remote only worked if you were 2 feet away from the TV. We tried changing the battaries but that didn't help. The kitchen appliances were archaic. The stove didn't even look safe to operate. The microwave didn't work at all. The a/c unit emitted high pitch noises if you didn't have it set on the highest setting so there was no regulating the temperature. The first morning we were there my husband went to his meeting. Before 8a.m. the front desk called me and asked if I could come down to the front desk right away to have our credit card imprinted. Not only had they done that when we checked in, but my husband had the card with him as it was his business credit card. I told her no. She asked if I could verify the number. I said no and repeated that I was not the one with the card. She asked for my husband's cell phone number. I refused to give it to her because he was in a meeting, as I had stated to her multiple times and could not be disturbed. She then asked if I could call him and I told her no AGAIN. She sighed and hung up on me. Later when I told my husband about what had happened he went down to the front desk and they had NO IDEA who woke us up or for what reason!!!!!!!!

I tried to give my children a bath but the tub stopper was broken, in two pieces, sitting on top of the toilet. The housekeeping staff came in at some point, took all of our dirty towels without replacing them and only half made one of the beds. They came back an hour later and finished making the one bed. They came back another hour later and replaced the towels. I actually had to call the front desk to have them come and make our other bed.

Nobody in this hotel spoke any English so you couldn't talk to them. The woman who checked us in gave us shoddy directions to our room - we found two other guests roaming the grounds looking for the same elevator we were and following the same shoddy directions. This is clearly a hotel that nobody takes pride in. It's a shame because the room was a very good size and the outside appearance of the hotel is very nice. But the staff and condition of the rooms were AWFUL. I would only stay here again if I found out they were under new management.

3 Thank my3prettyprincesses
South West, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2006

I stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night in April 2005 after driving 1/2 hour from Atlanta airport - slightly tricky to find. I had booked through Expedia with no problem. Reception staff were friendly enough when I arrived. My room & bathroom were clean. Other than the fridge being a bit noisy in the night everything was fine and exactly as I expected. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2005
2 Thank KAWkaw
Brandon, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2006

OVERALL RATING:
"Sleep in your car" hotel

GRUDGE:
I have been trying to use Choicehotels for a long time and this hotel was rated as a three-diamond hotel from AAA so I thought that this would be a great hotel. Even from their website this place looked really nice...but then we noticed the bathroom.

I WASN'T ALONE IN THE BATHROOM:
The biggest complaint we had was on the cleanliness of the bathroom. There was mold across the whole top of the bathroom ceiling. There was mold on the door jamb and above it. There was even mold forming on the shower curtain. This really bothered me since I did not catch it until the morning after (cause we got there late and didn't take a shower until the morning of). The one thing we did catch the night before was the top sheet didn't smell "clean", it smelled like it could have been anothe person's sheets....needless to say we took that one off before we went to bed. As for the bathroom, I do have pictures that I submitted to this site on the mold and how it looked.

SITE ISSUES:
This was very disappointing and now I have been trying to submit a comment on ------ for the past hour which they sent me through email but it keeps giving me server errors. Obviously I am writing this so the server is working on my end.

WHERE TO STAY IN MARIETTA, GA:
We ended up staying at the Drury Inn and Suites across the interstate and it was CLEAN, wonderful, comfortable and the breakfast was awesome! The price difference was just $6.00 off from Comfort Inn and was many time better.

TOTAL OPINION:
Sorry Choicehotels...that hotel was a dump. The SleepInn in Marietta (yes, I've stayed there too) under your chain of hotels was much cleaner.

• Stayed January 2006