“MOST HORRIFYING DISGUSTING PLACE IVE EVER STAYED IN!!! RUN AWAY AND NEVER RETURN!!!”
Review of Marietta Hotel

Marietta Hotel
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Marietta
Orangeburg, South Carolina
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This place is God awful. When you walk in the lobby it's completely deceiving because that's the nicest part of the hotel. The staff was very unprofessional, lady at the front desk was preparing food while talking to me and proceeded to eat it while trying to "help" me. All staff was dressed in casual clothing, hoodies and jeans. The elevators smelled like pee and smoke, all the room doors looked like they had all been broken into at some point, there was shady people lingering around probably drug dealers and drug users. When we first walked into our room it smelled of mold and the furniture was just torn up. The "entertainment" center had drawers that were ripped off, the bathroom smelled like mold, the bed was stained, AND THE WORST PART WAS THE ROACHES!! OMG!! I literally saw 5 roaches within a minute of being in that room. I was absolutely appalled. After that I immediately left and complained to the front desk. And when I told the front desk clerk about the roaches she gave me this look like "yeah.. So?"... That's when I knew this wasn't the first time this has happened. But she told me to talk to the property owner in the morning when he comes by. In the meantime I booked a night at a motel 6 nearby that was significantly cleaner and better and only for $9 more than that crappy marrietta hotel. So after a good nights rest at motel 6 I went back to Marietta hotel to complain and get a full refund. I sat in the lobby for 2 hours waiting for this "Alan" guy to show up (which he never did). So after waiting I gave my phone number to the front desk clerk to call me if he came in. I left for maybe 30 minutes and when I got back the front desk lady told me that "Alan" called and told her that he would only refund me one night because my complaint was made too late.. It's just ridiculous that I was charged $36 for a night that I didn't even sleep in that dump. They just like ripping people off and taking people's money. Hence the "no refunds"... Because they know their hotel is crappy and want to secure their profit...Absolutely no morals and no concern for the public health of their guests. I called the public health department and am in the process of filing a formal complaint and doing whatever I can to get this place either completely remodeled or torn down. Whatever needs to happen it order to make it cleaner and safer to the public. But don't EVER stay here! Trust me...

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank RN_052014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Whoever is writing anything good about this hotel is getting paid for it. We would have not stayed there if we knew it was like this. It was already paid for and we couldn't afford to go anywhere else. We stayed there last week for 1 night. We had to sleep with the lights on so the roaches wouldn't crawl on us while we tried to sleep. We had no clean towels, asking repeatedly and they were never ready. No remote for the t.v. The toilet wouldn't flush and they said to just come downstairs to the lobby to use theirs. It smelled like urine and had poop stains on the walls along with tons of spider webs. The sad thing is that children live there permanently. It says its a 1 star hotel, its should be condemned.

Room Tip: The elevator gets stuck.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank david r
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The rooms are reasonable and affordable...the service is excellent. Its great to stay more than a few days maybe weekly or monthly..comes with refreige,stove top and microwave..which some hotels dont offer. Since i been here in marietta its the best hotel i been to and great location.. :)

2 Thank tiarahar92
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The front desk attendant was freindly and helpful I believe her name is Shaun. Convenient location to bus and store. Probably the best quality rooms that u could get for that price. Also the room was fairly spacious, another nod to the dollar value. Overall I didn't have any problems with it.

1 Thank Geefive50
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Been here since 1/5. Very pleasant staff, clean room, fresh linen- towels, plenty of soap and shampoo, oh and highly convenient to interstate and 2 CCT buses. Very lovely views from the top floor, and great heating and air and ongoing hot water.

Room Tip: Lovely views from high room numbers on top floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dtripn
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Pros: Cheap and a place to rest my head for a few hours.

Cons: Caught a spider crawling on me and two roaches on the walls. Room smelled of body odor. Big pile of cigarette ash on top of "entertainment" center. No shower curtain. Bathtub dripped all night. Had the "tickling" feeling of bed bugs all night. Constantly had to keep an eye on my car because of dwellers in the parking lot. Many people live here. Questionable characters roam about. Wouldn't stay again but for 35.00 it's a bed.

3 Thank TravelingMusicman
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed January 2, 2014

nice place for the price... close to interstate. close to places to eat and shop. very quite. stayed here during the holiday weekend and I wouldn't have a problem going back. nice and friendly staff. Just hate the parking

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo