“Consistent and tasty”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Atlanta, GA USA
“Consistent and tasty”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I've eaten here many times including sponsoring private parties. The food is fresh, tasty and consistent - very good value

Visited March 2012

Marietta, Georgia
“Very underwhelming...”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My wife had been wanting to try Le Cafe Crepe for quite some time, so I surprised her with a reservation for dinner the Saturday before Valentine's Day. By the way, reservations are required on Saturday evenings and the menu is prix fixe. Making the reservation was a hassle as there was no online option...only by phone, so I had to play phone tag to get it done. On the phone, I was told that "everyone arrives around six o clock". That was perfect as we were also going to see a show at eight o clock. Two hours should have been plenty of time for a leisurely dinner for two.
Upon arrival, we waited for several minutes at the door before being acknowledged. Finally, the hostess/server told us to sit anywhere (and did not confirm that we had a reservation). After we were seated, the server busied herself with the other patrons before taking our drink orders or even filling our water glasses. When she brought our bottle of wine, she made a valiant attempt to open it, but had great difficulties that made me think she may end up dropping the bottle or hurting herself or us. I offered to open the bottle myself and she happily let me. As we sipped our wine, there was no bread. Since the menu was prix fixe, all we needed to do was wait for the soup and the entree. Well, we waited...and waited...and waited. By the time the soup arrived, I was already getting concerned that we may not make our show on time. The soup (tomato basil) was very good, but I couldn't understand why it took so long for us to get it. True to form, we waited and waited for our entree as well. We were pretty unimpressed with the chef's selection. It was simply a roasted chicken breast, au gratin potatoes, and green peas. I can't complain about how it tasted...we just expected more of a showcase of culinary talent. Also, because we were becoming more pressed for time, we had to eat faster than we would have liked. By the time the dessert came, we needed to be leaving to make our show, so I asked for the check as we hurriedly scarfed down the strawberries and grand marinier. Finally, as I paid the check, I was not the least bit surprised that they do not take American Express.
In summary, I will not patronize this restaurant again. It's tough to justify making a reservation only to have to tolerate such poor service and to spend money on a meal that while it was good, was certainly not anything that I could not have prepared myself at home.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Tom M
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good place”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Very good tasting food and healthy portions though not a lot of variety.

• Visited February 2012
Atlanta, GA
“Great atmosphere and ambiance”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Great food, great location, great ambiance! Why go to so many of the gross chains in the area when this marvelous restaurant is at your finger tips? Its really something special.

Visited December 2011
Mesquite, Texas
“Super spot for sisters' lunch.”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We three sisters met at Le Cafe Crepe today for a delightful lunch. The French Onion Soup was superior to any we'd had before, and the crepe with chicken and spinach was huge, filling, but not overwhelming. We had a crepe with apples and cinnamon, and crepes with ice cream and hot chocolate sauce for dessert and all were SO good. The only disappointment was no regular iced tea, and no sweet tea, but the vanilla flavored tea was something new. We had reservations for lunch, but there was no crowd. Our server was very nice and local, and the chef (owner?) was welcoming. Try this place for a change from fast food or chain restaurants. A great place

• Visited December 2011