“Average”

Dining options: Reservations
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Average”
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We were not impressed with anything about this place. From the tacky decor to the average cuisine, i can cook much better than the cooks here. For a restaurant on the square ithe owners really need to redecorate here,and rethink the menu. The lasagne i had was tasteless, my partner had the fetuccini and the sauce taste like glue.
Im very surprised they are still open.

Tate, Georgia
“Not impressed at all”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and I arrived at 5:05 pm for dinner and the doors were locked. We started to walk away and someone came to the door and welcomed us in. Our waiter was rough around the edges which is fine if that's how you want to be, but it's not what I enjoy when I go out to dinner. The atmosphere is not good at all- this restaurant needs "restaurant impossible" help.

I ordered chicken francese with risotto, my husband ordered chicken parm with pasta and Alfredo sauce. the bread was what I would consider packaged and heated it was not a very good bread. The salads came (no choice of dressing was offered) with a vinegar/oil spice combo. It was not exactly Italian dressing and it was quite spicy. The veggies were fresh but I didn't care for the dressing.

When our meals came my husbands was definately better than mine. His chicken was nicely browned, had a tasty red sauce and melted cheese. The pasta arrived in a separate bowl and had Alfredo sauce which was very, very tasty.

My dish on the other hand was not browned at all....and tasted very eggy. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was missing from my meal. The sauce was very nicly done and it had a great lemon flavor, but the meal in my opinion fell short.

When we got the bill I saw what was wrong with my meal. I was served veal and not chicken. Only at one time during my meal did I wonder if what I was eating was veal but not because of the flavor. The color of the meat was grayish. I never eat veal and it's not something I would order based on the way veal is raised. It made me a bit nauseous to realize I had eaten it and felt bad for the baby calf.

I would never eat here again, not because my experience was horrible, but because there are too many really good restaurants to eat at than to frequent one that is mediocre at best.

• Visited December 2012
Marietta, Georgia, United States
“Delicious”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The owner is Italian and his wife is the chef. She does an outstanding job interpreting his home-style recipes. Very authentic.

Marietta, Georgia
“Not Very Good Italian Food-Poor Service”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great location on the Square in Marietta, Ga. However, the Great stops there! Food was average Italian--nothing great about it. Ambiance was nothing special. There was a "musty odor" in the restaurant which leads me to believe there is mold growing somewhere in the building. Service was below average--waitress removed dishes while I was still eating and I had to lean back as she picked up the dishes--utterly unacceptable. Wait staff evidently has had little or no training. Prices seemed a bit high-$18.95 for Lobster Ravioli. Wonder if they were made there? When asked for more bread, which took a while--the bread was just dumped in the empty basket. Bread was below average. I have better bread from the local supermarket. Would not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank rdpine
Atlanta, Georgia
“Among the best Italian Restaurants”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Great entrees, good deserts, wonderful servers. Try the Buttons and Bows. Because it is on the Square parking is limited but it is worth the parking hassle.

Visited March 2012