“Among the best Italian Restaurants”
Review of La Famiglia - CLOSED

La Famiglia
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Great entrees, good deserts, wonderful servers. Try the Buttons and Bows. Because it is on the Square parking is limited but it is worth the parking hassle.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Was invited by another couple to join them for a pre-show dinner here. This is a favorite spot for that couple, but I was disappointed. Our service was OK -better than some of the reviews here experienced-- but nothing overly warm or efficient. The food was completely average...not bad but not very good either. I am a major fan of red sauce Italian food and can usually manage to like what I eat in this type of place. But my pasta and meat sauce was ordinary at best; cafeteria-level quality. The salad prior to dinner was again just OK. You'd like to think something about a restaurant would be really good or memorable; I didn't see it here. I debated whether to rate it poor or average and when I concluded that I wouldn't go back I opted for poor. Kiosco is down the block and is 10 times a better bargain and dining experience.

1  Thank PaulieGA
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Inviting outdoor seating area, but...
Very indifferent wait staff.
If on a medium busy night, they may be outright rude.
You must approach a waiter when you arrive, as no one
will notice you.
First one we approached answered with, "it is not my area".
The second one said, "wait at the bar and the hostess will approach you"
The hostess said "you will have to wait".
Easier to walk out than to try to be waited on.

1  Thank mulltiflyer
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We frequent the Marietta Square quite a bit, and we had been to this restaurant before and had a poor experience, but everywhere else was packed, so we decided to give it a second chance. Big mistake. Same deal as last time... slow service and terrible food. You call this authentic Italian??? The Olive Garden is even superior to this! These people just need to close up shop and clear out this space for an actual good restaurant. Don't waste your time or money here.

1  Thank DisneyF4
Reviewed January 7, 2012

This is the Best Italian food I have had since I lived in Naples, IT.
While stationed in Naples, IT with the Navy, I learned how Genuine Italian food should taste.
The Veal Parmagiana is just OUTSTANDING.
No more Italian food chains since I discovered this wonderful place.