“What happened?”

Dining options: Delivery
Kennesaw
“What happened?”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have been a loyal customer for seven years. I just ordered my favorite "Sesame Chicken" because the chicken was not breaded. However, when I received my dish (take out), I was extremely disappointed. Sesame Chicken is now breaded. What happened? Did you get another cook? The chicken even tastes different. Its time for me to find another restaurant. This dish isn't to my satisfaction. I will return when you have perfected this dish as before.

Visited December 2012
Bunchek, Owner at Great Wall Chinese & Shiro Sushi Bar, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and value your loyal business for the past seven years. It’s been our goal over the past 20 years to ensure that our dishes and your dining experiences are so enjoyable that you return often and tell your friends. If ever we fall short of your expectations, we urge you to bring your questions to our attention. We wish you would have called us at the time. Sometimes mentioning a simple adjustment in the dish when ordering, allows us to meet your personal tastes.

We are a bit puzzled however; we have been using the same traditional Sesame Chicken recipe for the past two decades. Our menu describes it as “Lightly Floured with a tangy sweet glaze and sesame sprinkles.” This dish when prepared in the typical traditional style is prepared with breaded chicken. With a quick internet search for “Sesame Chicken”, this traditional recipe can be seen on several expert food sites like BlogChef.net and Allrecipes.com.

To tempt your taste buds further, our menu also offers an array of Chinese and Thai chicken dishes prepared without breading that you may enjoy. Please contact us and we would be happy to see how we can meet your expectations.

alabama gulf coast
“Inconspicuous But Excellent”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

While on a work trip from out-of-state and needing lunch, my GPS told me the Great Wall was nearby. Located in a strip mall, the outside was unimpressive but, once inside, I knew I had found a special place. The staff was very friendly and the decor was unusually appealing. I ordered the "Triple Crown," described on the menu as "Stir-fried chicken, beef and shrimp with vegetable medley in a savory brown sauce." It was served with egg fried rice and a veggie roll, all for $7.49. The server, May, was pleasant, attentive, and upbeat. It was the best Chinese cuisine I've had in years and a pleasant dining experience.

• Visited November 2012
home
“Excellent Chineese”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff, varied menu, good value and fresh ingredients. What more can you ask?

• Visited October 2012
Marietta, Georgia
“Live close, great food.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Teriyaki is amazing and so are the curries. Great for delivery, sushi always fresh (although a lil bit pricey compared to other greats spots near, but worth it.)

Visited October 2012
“Hidden find”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Nestled in a commercial shopping center, this is a great find for above average Chinese food and Sushi. Highly recommend. Very good for take out as well. Reasonable pricing.