“Fabulous French Food”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Once again the "equip" at Douceur de France does it again! Great Flavors of France. You just have to try it! I got the Salade du Jour which was Tabouli French style.

There are newer reviews for Douceur de France

Reviewed April 16, 2013

They really know how to do light crusts. The mushroom gravy on the chic pot pie left me wanting more. Very rich dishes so eating here a lot could cause battle of the bulge. Be careful passing by the dessert display. You will want to have dessert first. I keep telling her that....

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had eaten at their previous location a few times on previous visits but this was the first time at the new and considerably bigger site by the side of one of Marietta's busiest thoroughfares. I didn't think the new location did them any favours; the old place was smaller and more coherent. Here the eating area is more obviously separate from the patisserie and the multiplicity of spaces, much unoccupied, created a sense of sprawl. It also disconnected the French owners who served at the patisserie counter from the eating section whereas in the previous incarnation they were at the centre of everything which gave the whole place a more Gallic ambience. However it was a sense that the balance between France and the USA in terms of food had shifted in favour of the latter which most left me feeling the move had not been to Doucer's overall benefit. True the cafe menu still has crepes and the like but the sandwiches were indistinguishable from those available from competitors; they were decent quality and we were certainly not dissatisfied but the sense of cultural difference wasn't there. I also thought the patisserie had perhaps adapted its French style to American tastes although that might have been equally true on previous visits. The refinement of French patisserie, though not entirely absent, sat alongside some more hearty and less French concoctions.
This now reads like a carping review but I would nevertheless go back there; it just doesn't fill me with the same enthusiasm it did when it inhabited the shack and the owners gossiped happily about their origins on the Ile de Noirmoutier in the Vendee. That said it's decent value for lunch and the cakes and pastries still taste pretty good!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was my first trip to Marietta, GA. The staff at the hotel, when asked for the best food around sent me here. They were right. What an authentic French experience, found in the heart of GA. The staff were excellent. The food was delicious. The dining crowd were interesting to watch. And, they make a great cappuccino.
I had the croque madamosielle the first day and went back for the ratatouille with egg on day 2.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Enjoyed lunch with my (adult) family members during the week and it was busy, which turned out was a good indication of the quality of the food...We enjoyed our food--each of us ordered something different for their lunch and everyone enjoyed their meal. Good food. Not great but good. The breakfast/lunch combined menu is somewhat limited but the variety of desserts and baked goodies, such as breads, croissants, etc. was more extensive. Limited drink menu with most carbonated or sparkling drinks.
Service was OK--friendly when they had time to come to the table but as they were rather busy when we had lunch, service was not all that attentive.
Good variety of take-out items available.
We would return.