“Great Sushi”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Roswell, Georgia
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

One of my new favorites here in East Cobb. Great prices and good wait staff. Do yourself a favor and stop in.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank BobbyD66

Marietta, GA
“Good concept with potential - needs some refining.”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Xengo has been open for a few weeks in the former Fuji Hana location on the corner of Johnson Ferry Road and Shallowford Road. Reviews have been good so we decided it was time to give them a try. Overall, I would say they have some kinks to work out, but if they can get it together, they have a good chance of succeeding in this location. The menu was missing an entire center section, and my wife’s menu had a note that more selections were coming soon. The Tom Kha (Thai Coconut soup) was tasty, yet a bit pricy at $5 for a small bowl, which I shared with my wife – they brought one bowl and two spoons instead of an additional bowl and a ladle, so points-off for bad form. The server was a “Trainee” (said so on his name tag), so hopefully he is getting some coaching because he’s a sweet guy with lots of potential – I think they have training issues. My Masaman Curry was good if not a bit bland, as was the Thai dish my wife ordered – we commented to the hostess who explained that customers were complaining the food was too spicy – it’s Thai, really? I also ordered a the Tuna Lover’s Roll – this was very good. Our hostess brought us some mango ice cream for sharing feedback, this was creamy and delicious – the gesture was appreciated. Also important to note, they are waiting on a liquor license so no adult beverages yet. I plan to give them the rest of the summer to tweak the food and the service and then try again; I hope they succeed as we need this kind of place in the neighborhood.

• Visited June 2014