Stanley House Inn
$137
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

$89
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$150
$127
Quality Inn Marietta(Marietta)(Great Value!)
$95
QualityInn
$60
$135
$124
All reviewsmarietta squaredecorated beautifullynext morningother guestswifi signalwedding partysouthern charmstaff was friendlylloydcathyalpharettawardrobefireplaceoccupantsfurnishingsprivacyconvenience
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed at the Stanley House a year ago and am so excited to be going back there this September. I found the B&B charming and the people who accommodated us could not have been nicer. You know if I'm recommending the Stanley House, it must be superior because I am a real pain to be please. Gluten- and- dairy-free, I require breakfast and snacks to be missing 2 ingredients that the universe intended all to enjoy -- wheat, rye, barley, etc. and milk products. Stanley House not only met my needs - they exceeded them -- with homemade gluten- and- dairy-free cookies. How wonderful is that?.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nina E
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The facility was clean and fun as an old house, restored, but there was no, I repeat, no service at all. I called and sent an e-mail the Friday before my Sunday arrival and never got a response. I called again and told the owner what time I planned to arrive on Sunday. I was told to call--a third time--when I was on my way to the hotel. I did so. Nevertheless, when I arrived, there was no one there to greet me and no instructions. It was dark, quite cold and windy and I was very uncomfortable as I stood in the unpleasant weather waiting for the owner to arrive (about 15 minute after I had now told her 3 times I would be there). When she arrived, she allowed as how she was doing me a favor by coming at all, since she usually did not greet new arrivals. Understand, I had never been given any instructions on what to do when I got there, so to say I was surprised that no one planned to be there when I got there is an understatement. During the week, despite the promises on the internet, there was no breakfast, no room cleaning, no nothing. I got a bed and a bathroom. There was not even a telephone. They expect you to use your cell, but do not tell you this until after you get there. There was never a "welcome", "glad to have you", "thank you for your business". I would never return.

Room Tip: None--the train runs by them all once an hour all day and all night.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank K W
stanleyhouse, Owner at Stanley House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

The Stanley House offers both bed and breakfast accommodations upstairs and short term rental apartments on the ground floor. The apartments are rented inexpensively (half the price of the bed and breakfast rooms) as vacation rentals (3 night minimum) and do not include breakfast or daily housekeeping. Instead, rooms are tidied once a week but are adequately stocked for extended stays. The bed and breakfast rooms upstairs always include a gourmet full breakfast, afternoon snack, and daily housekeeping. We make a clear distinction in all of our advertising and when we take reservations that the apartments do not include the same level of service and are priced accordingly.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

The Stanley House was my husband and my first time staying at a B & B. It was really a great first expierence. The owners were very nice and gave us a lot of information about the area and things to see. The location was great, within walking distance of the square. This area was full of shops and places to eat. We would walk down have dinner and drinks and walk back to the B & B. We both felt very comfortable and safe in the area. The breakfast that was served was really good. There were a couple of weddings going on while we were there but it was really fun to see the young couples and really how beautiful everything was. I would stay there again with no problem and would not hesitate to tell anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hoodx6
Reviewed March 26, 2012

On our visit to the Stanley House we found it to be a lovely home and the breakfast was delicious. The owner was very nice. There was one drawback though. The house is only a block from some railroad tracks and the trains went by frequently during the night. Each time they blew their whistle, it interrupted our sleeping.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We love the B&B experience, and Stanley House did not disappoint. It is the perfect romantic getaway. The home is historic, but I will let innkeeper Lloyd tell you that story. Since the bulk of their business here is weddings, the home may stay decorated as a wedding/reception site. For us, this added to the romantic feeling throughout the weekend.

Breakfast was a well-done combination of home-cooking and a bit of fancy. The homemade praline sauce with hot cakes was a winner with my wife (the breakfast connoisseur). For us, breakfast was prompt, friendly, and delicious both mornings.

We stayed in the American-themed Marietta room. It was spacious enough and had all the necessary touches for a smooth and pleasant stay. The sheets and towels were high quality. A small heater made the chilly bathroom warm up quickly (the bedroom temperature was always nice). A day bed was a nice extra. Just very well done by experienced inn-keepers.

Even though we are from the area, Lloyd directed us to a restaurant we had not visited. It (Thaicoon) was an excellent choice.

My only negative was the mattress. My wife thought it was soft and comfortable. I thought it was a little too soft and had trouble keeping my back comfortable. Just a difference in preference, not a problem with the B&B.

With all the fun things to do in the Marietta Square (shopping, theater, eating, walking, farmer's market, etc.), you can't ask for a better getaway. Enjoy!

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were clean and spacious. Some might be spooked by the wedding dress in the Savannah room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple