Stanley House Inn
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsmarietta squaredecorated beautifullynext morningother guestswifi signalwedding partysouthern charmstaff was friendlylloydcathyalpharettawardrobefireplaceoccupantsfurnishingsprivacyconvenience
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I stayed there for 3 days during a recent business trip. I was pleasantly surprised by the spacious and high quality room. I was at the Havannah room. Normally, most B&B would not offer that kind of quality fixtures and bed linens but this one is an exception. It is such a high standard inn suitable for business people that I even introduced it to my other business friends. The breakfast is big and wonderful, outstanding home-made food.
I will for sure come back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Very nice room and the location was superb. A very short walk to the center of town where all the restaurants are located. A romantic place where you can lie in bed and hear a train whistle in the distance. The only thing to improve would be breakfast. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms are as the pictures on website show. Quieter rooms will be the ones that do not face the main street.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I stayed at the Stanley House Inn with my spouse in late April 2011. The B&B is nicely located to access the historic downtown of Marietta (a flat walk of 3-4 blocks). Our room, the Buckhead, was well appointed, clean and large. We paid $130/night. During our visit, the downstairs of the Inn was set up to display wedding possibilities. The Inn's owner told us that the mainstay of the Inn is weddings and that she had had three couples come to the Inn that day to plan their weddings. The downside of this is that if you wanted to hang out in a common room and read or visit (which I can see as part of the charm of staying in a historic building), there was no place to do it downstairs. There were two other couples staying at the Inn and we were all told in advance that breakfast would be at 9am. We were the second couple to arrive downstairs just before 9am. The third couple arrived less than five minutes later (a minute or two after 9am). The owner served the first two couples with coffee and individually cooked omelets (which were cooked to order and served one at a time). The third couple had to wait for any service until the first four people were served and effectively done with breakfast (roughly 930am). I understand that it takes time to individually cook omelets, but I was quite surprised there wasn't a pot of coffee on the table or serving plates so the third couple could at least sip coffee and nibble on the communal plate of toast while the first four people were having their breakfast. We have stayed at many B&Bs all around the country and the breakfast portion of the Stanley House Inn was the least polished in our experience. The up side is that the Inn is ideally located for visiting the historic downtown, which is well worth visiting.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dmarieJoshuaTree_CA
Reviewed January 8, 2011

My new bride and I stayed here for the second night of our marriage (the first being in corporate lodging).

We could not have asked for better. We called a little late for a reservation (around 7 or so) and the owners were EXTREMELY polite and gracious. After pulling into the small parking area behind the B&B, we were ushered to our beautiful (if slightly on the small side) room with a king sized bed.

The room was nicely decorated, and felt like home. The bed was extremely comfortable, with soft sheets and pillows.

Breakfast the next morning was served boarding-house style - several of us guests were seated and served at one table. Again, the owners and staff were very informal and polite, and took the time to talk to us about house and their experience there.

We were EXTREMELY happy with our stay, and would definitely stay there when in the area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2010

My friend was getting married at the Stanley House so my sisters and I decided to stay at the inn. We arrived late in the evening and were shown to our room the minute we arrived. We were all excited with the elegance and beauty of the room, including the huge king size bed. We went on our bride's night out and came back to a toasty room and comfy bed. We also fell in love with the breakfasts that were fixed for us. It had the elegance of a Victorian house and the comfort of staying in your own home.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends