“Great Taste and smoke”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Marietta, Georgia
“Great Taste and smoke”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I love BBQ and decided to eat here one night for Dinner instead of cooking on our Green Egg. I had pulled pork which was awesome and she had ribs in which she enjoyed. The interior is new but you don't need a hole in the wall to enjoy good food. Sides were also tasty and staff kept our drinks full. They had live music as well on the weekend so that added to the value as it's a little pricy but the taste makes up for it.

• Visited June 2014

Powder Springs, Georgia
“BBQ perfection”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This restaurant is owned by a member of a bbq competition team who has won lots of awards and it shows the meat is tender and perfectly smoked. Your choice of 3 sauces are all tasty and there are lots of wonderful sides to complete the meal. Try the smoked chicken salad as a side or in the cooler months the brisket chilli.

• Visited June 2014
Marietta GA
“Pretty Darn Good BBQ”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Pretty darn nice bbq. We have eaten there several times and the food has always been very good and service always very friendly. I am a avid bbq'er and Sam's bbq brisket is as good as brisket I prepare, only without all the prep work and 18 hours of cooking time. If I wasn't such an avid bbq'er, I would give up the hobby and just go to Sam's BBQ I for my bbq fix. Sam's is located in a strip mall, right next to Kroger's with easy access to Dallas Hwy.

• Visited January 2014
Marietta, GA
“Too Fancy Smancy for good BBQ”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

My first and last visit to Sam's BBQ. The BBQ was fair, nothing to brag about. The restaurant was like a new McDonalds. Marble top countertops, artificial wood for walls, all new chairs and tables. A BBQ restaurant should be old, ragged, and built so you can see into the kitchen. Waitress met you at the door and seated you. This is not BBQ. If you want real BBQ go about 5 miles east to Dave Poe's. Here is real BBQ. So tender it falls off the bones. You order at the counter. Your order is zipped back to the kitchen on a wire. When ready your number is called and you go to the counter to get your order. You feel like you are in a real BBQ restaurant. The BBQ is excellent. Rib are best I've ever had.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank poston8
Atlanta
“Exceptional Que”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

A guy friend of mine (wife not interested) search for great BBQ often and we believe we know the best BBQ in Atlanta. We visited Sam's yesterday and ordered babyback ribs, brisket, pork, stew, mac & cheese (no rabbit food on the table). In Atlanta BBQ is typically compared to Fox Bros and Community BBQ. I'll try Sam's beef rib on the next visit (which will be soon). In our opinion Sam's has the best pork ribs in Atlanta. Before this visit Community had the best brisket in Atlanta. For us Sam's brisket ties with Community which is awesome (beats Fox). Sam's pork ties Fox and slightly beats Community. Sam's Mac has a little more flavor than Community (Mac at Community is fantastic). Surprisingly we wouldn't order Sam's stew again. It was like soup and not what we like. Another surprising fact about Sam's was the number of women customers there. There were more women eating there than men. This is a first class BBQ that is not a greasy joint. If Sam's, Community and Fox were located side by side we would eat at Sam's 75% of the time (and 100% for ribs) and Community 25% of the time. Fox has nothing better than Sams. Zagat rates Sam's food at 25, Fox's food at 25 and Community's food at 24. We would rate them all at 25+ out of a possible 30. Hope this helps some folks find awesome Que in Atlanta. There are 2 locations. One on lower Roswell Road and one on Dallas Hwy.

• Visited December 2013