“Plastic forks and knives are rolled up in a napkin and that's the classiest part of this place”

Hemingway’s Bar & Grill
Ranked #437 of 718 Restaurants in Marietta
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Don't complain about your drink here, you pay for what you order! I ordered a drink and it came in a plastic cup, I guess to match the plastic eating fork, but was rudely told by owner "I ordered it I was paying for it he would get the cops", who are waiting outside to watch you as walk out. I paid it so as to get my credit card back which he took so i could run a tab and held it hostage until I paid. Unbelievable experience, this new owner has no idea how to run a restaurant and I guess won't be for long with horrid food and drinks that are way overpriced.

My recommendation, run from this place as fast as you can.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank fb-advisor

“Nice Patio Experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I visited Marietta Square on Memorial Day Weekend and we wanted to sit outside and have lunch so we went to Hemingway's. The beer was ice cold and the food was good. I had a salad with jerk shrimp and my husband had the Club Sandwich. We will definitely go back.

• Visited May 2013
Berkshire
“Had one drink and left”
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We were going to eat, but the servers were rude and all the locals were all among at the bar. It was dark and not a friendly place. Don't go here.

Visited May 2013
dallas, georgia
“Avoid Hemingway's”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We ate at Hemingway's this afternoon and one of the first things I did when I got home was write a review because it was so bad. Bottom line....avoid this place. There are plenty of other great restaurants on the Marietta Square including the Marietta Pizza Company and Johnny McCrackens. Let me just list some of the things that annoyed me....

1. You seat yourself...not a problem, however, it took seven minutes before a server greeted us.
2. The problem with number one...there were only two othe couples in the restaurant on a Saturday afternoon...this should have been our first clue.
3. I asked the server if they had any drink specials to which she sheepishly replied "Um...we never have any drink specials."
4. My souse ordered the grouper sandwich. The waitress says "We are out of Grouper."
5. We both ordered water with lemon.....they CHARGE YOU FOR "TAP WATER." (.25)
6. I ordered the soup and salad...the waitress said "Oh...you have to purchase a beverage to get it at that price and water is not included." I AM beyond annoyed at this point...
7. Our entrees come out and my clam chowder is cold. So, I sent it back to be re-heated and then began second guessing if I should have done that or not. Mind you, I was nice about it but I still wondered if I should have sent if back if you get what I mean. So, a few minutes pass and it comes back and it is now hot.
8. My spouse got the cuban sandwich after they told us they were out of grouper. Well...it came out and was just that...a sandwich. No side or nothing.
9. The table behind us ordered the same thing and I overheard the waitress ask the lady if she would like fries with her sandwich and she said "yes, that will be fine." They got their Cuban WITH fries. I asked our waitress if the Cuban came with fries and she said "Oh no sides are extra."
10. Did I mention everything in this place is served on styrofoam plates and cups with plastic silverware?????

BOTTOM LINE: Don't eat here. Don't waste your hard earned money. The cuban without fries was $7.95. Cold soup and salad $8. Tap water .50 cents. Hemingways should be featured on "Bar Rescue" and I don't know how this place stays in business. Nor in any way is this place "tropical." We will NOT GO BACK.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank rba911
Tucson, Arizona
“Overpriced Mediocre Food”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Sat outside on a sunny day for some drinks and appetizers. Had 1 vodka tonic, one beer and a coconut shrimp appetizer. Drink was small, shrimp were average and bill was $22 without tip. Never again!

• Visited April 2013