“Great place to eat. Fajitas not up to par to previous visits.”

Pappasito's Cantina
Ranked #3 of 724 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Great place to eat. Fajitas not up to par to previous visits.”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

It is amazing how the Pappas family has been able to replicate in Atlanta exactly the same ambiance of the Pappasito's restaurants in Houston. The food is excellent and sets the standard for Tex-Mex found. I will definitely return for more Pappasito's dishes but next time I will skip the fajitas. The flavor of the last 2 fajitas I had there has gone lacking. Something is amiss. The beef quality? the drought? something is not right and the beef fajitas are not like the ones u can have in Houston... or the ones I used to get in Houston in the 90's, when I lived there. I will recommend this restaurant to anyone, and I will return to enjoy other dishes. But not beef fajitas.

• Visited July 2014

Clarkesville, Georgia
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Started out a little slow but when Agustin figured out we had been waiting a little while he swooped right in and took over our table and saw that we received outstanding service for the balance of the meal. Great service recovery Agustin!

Pooler, Georgia
“Awesome food....fast service”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Food is always good. Its tex-mex though, not authentic Mexican. But it is always quick. I have been there when they were packed and still get seated pretty quick. Don't let the full parking lot fool you. I have driven around looking for parking longer then I waited for a table.

“Tex Mex, second to none.”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The steak quesadilla was excellent. Ceviche has changed at pappasitos but not as good as in the past. Service was very good and the best we've ever had at the restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“Great and only gets better”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I travel the nation in my job, and my wife and I frequent Atlanta because of Emory U's medical facilities. I had discovered Pappasito's about twenty years ago in Houston. I'd guess since the Marietta store was built we've dined there forty or fifty times. We were there this past Wednesday and will be back there for lunch tomorrow.. My wife has settled in on the menu item "Suprema", she orders it with Chicken, I often enjoy this dish too, but with beef.

Their food preparation is amazing in quality, their dishes are unique, (this ain't your average Mexican), and preparation is consistent. But the most amazing thing about the family that owns and operates this chain is their training program. My first Pappasito's experience was in Houston with my son who was 12 then, but is now 33.. He and I still talk about how the atmosphere there affected our mood, how we reacted to each dish that was placed before us, and of our interaction with the most wonderful waiter we'd ever met. That meal happened twenty years ago and launched our loyalty to this chain.

I eat in restaurants more than I eat at home, and how this chain manages to maintain the highest level of service in a world where service in general is plummeting; speaks volumes about what these people must know about management and training.

Can't wait, in twenty four hours we'll be making the 150 mile drive to Marietta for another great meal.. . .

• Visited July 2014