“Excellent Mexican”

Good for: Families with children
Marietta, Georgia
“Excellent Mexican”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Mexican family owners with mixed ethnic wait staff. Very family oriented. Wait staff very personal. Excellent menu choices and drink choices including draft beers and margrettas. Very good food values. Super chicken soup and cheese dips

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank william s

Atlanta, Georgia
“Everything was fresh!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit. He's been here before and loved it, but this was my first time. I was not disappointed.

The food was very fresh. Muy husband had some ceviche that he declared was among the best he's ever had, and he's a ceviche snob. We both had the chicken soup, which was light and delightful. Again, the ingredients were fresh and it tasted amazing.

We had good service. Our server was very pleasant and accommodating.

The atmosphere was typical Mexican restaurant style, but it's a Mexican restaurant. I like the bright colors. The mural was unique, which I enjoyed.

Columbia, South Carolina
“A great place to eat”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

It looks like the typical Mexican restaurant on the outside, a little run down, gaudy colors. But inside, wow what a difference. The staff are exceptional, always cheerful, pleasant, and attentive. The food is excellent, beginning with the chips (which are light and crispy) and salsa (which is spicy and flavorful). We had 3-4 dishes the several nights we ate here -- they were all excellent. I don't, however, recommend the tamales -- they didn't seem "home made," fell apart, and weren't up to par with everything else.

We tended to eat in the bar area -- immediately to your right as you enter. It has more TVs and seems a little more relaxed. Plus we got to know the staff there. The beer was always cold and it was generally quiet.

One night my food got "forgotten" in the oven and turned, literally, to charcoal. They were apologetic, I got a new dish very quickly, and the beer was on them -- it was very nice to see an establishment that sought to make things right.

My best recommendation -- if we go back to this area of Atlanta, we'll definitely be eating here again.

Visited March 2012
Marietta, Georgia
“LawsonIsCrazy”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Lawson1963, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience at Los Bravos. I have lived two miles from this restaurant for many years and have been going to Los Bravos for at least ten years. I have never once had an experience that was anything less than wonderful. Los Bravos has a great staff that is comparatively light years ahead of any other Mexican restaurant I have visited. I know of many of my friends and other acquaintances in the the EastCobb/Marietta community that love Los Bravos as much as I do and I have never heard a single person say a negative thing about the establishment, their product, or their customer service. I think your experience was a flute and I urge you and your family to visit Los Bravos again to allow them to redeem themselves.
Thanks!

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Will G
Acworth, Georgia
“Worst Place EVER”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Yesterday my family went to the Los Bravos on Powers Ferry Road. Just walking up the walkway was creepy and dirty. Once we went into the door we went to the bathrooms. The bathrooms are a good indication of what the kitchen might look like. The lady's bath was okay, but didn't have toilet paper. My husband said the men's bath had a funky odor. We then waited in the narrow dingy dirty hallway for someone to seat us. There were two waitresses wolfing down food in front of us like we couldn't see them. Finally, someone came to seat us.

I immediately noticed the chairs and floor had many crumbs, the menus were spoty and dirty, and I just knew a roach or mouse would run out at any minute. Very nasty and dirty place...YUCK!!! Anyway, we were given our chips, water, and I handed the waitress our coupon which was $25 worth of food for $12 dollars. I had already paid the $12 online. The waitress looked at it and said I would have to spend $25 additional dollars on top of the $25 to use it. I stated, no, that is not what the coupon says and that is not what I paid for. She stated she would get the manager. Well, the manager came over who is also the owner. He brought with him a restaurant.com coupon. He said I had to pay an additional $25 over the $25. I stated, no, I've used restaurant.com before but this is a coupon you promoted elsewhere that I purchased for $12 to get $25 worth of food. The owner then stated, "He didn't approve the promotion, how could he make money on it, and he wasn't going to honor it." We asked for his business card, he gave it to us, he walked rudely away, and we then collected our belongings and left.

Today I called the coupon company and told them what happened. They asked me for the person's name that declined our coupon. She stated, "It was still an open promotion and the name I had given was the owner and his signature is on the contract. She indicated it was a serious offense and they would be investigating." She then credited my account.

Bottom line: Do not go Los Bravos on Powers Ferry. There is another Los Bravos on Roswell Road in Marietta that is clean and spotless. The food is fresh and the service is excellent. LOS BRAVOS ON POWERS FERRY - SUCKS!!!

• Visited September 2011