“Excellent food and service at Common Quarter!”
Review of Common Quarter - CLOSED

Common Quarter
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Woodlawn Pkwy
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I went to Common Quarter for lunch and had a wonderful time. Service is excellent, food is delicious, and the decor is a modern costal chic. Very imaginative farm-to-table menu with lots of seafood offerings. We started with the homemade salt and pepper potato chips with black truffle onion dip and it was out of this world good! My husband had an arugula, proscuitto, and parmesan salad with the Brunswick stew and I had the shrimp roll with caper aoli -- all were delicious! We shared their famous peanut butter pie with candied peanuts and whipped cream for dessert - to die for good and worth every calorie! We can't wait to take the family back for dinner soon.

1  Thank Carolyn G

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We tried for a 730 table for 2 and were told we had to chose either an earlier or later time because - on a Tuesday night, they were heavily booked. A little odd, but we decided on an 8pm time slot and arrived to pretty much an empty restaurant! Even so, it took nearly 20 minutes to get a bottle of wine delivered. Our waiter - who really was enthusiastic and clearly wanted to make a good impression, didn't know the first thing about wine. He let us know that he was a " Beer Nut" and really couldn't help us. There was nothing we recognized on the list and it was a little pricey- not worth just guessing about a bottle. We told him that our tastes were leaning toward a Russian River chard. He wrote that down and then was off to seek advice. He returned in a few minutes later to say he had tried to ask the bartender and was "blown off" And so it went. The food was better than average and we suspect that " Getting their act together" will result in a pretty good restaurant.

1  Thank Diana777
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Met some girlfriends for lunch as we wanted to check out this new restaurant. The décor is interesting in that it's all hard surfaces with little color. The hard surfaces makes the restaurant very loud and hard to hear. there were 9 of us and there was no way we could hear each other unless sitting next to or across from each.

The menu was not large, but the choices seemed clever and fresh. Several of us had the butternut squash soup. It was good, but a little too salty for all of us. It had a multitude of flavors, too many, going on. I think I would have enjoyed it more if the chef had tried not to be so creative. After polling everyone, we all agreed that it was just ok, and there was not one dish that anyone said they would order again.

I'm hoping this is just growing pains and it's a great location for this kind of restaurant and this area sure needs some diversity.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Sat out on the patio with a wonderful fire and enjoyed a great meal with friends. Coastal Georgia was on display everywhere. The food was fun, creative, well prepared and served professionally. I cannot wait to go back...and live music is coming soon. Well done!

1  Thank Jill_ATL57
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This has become another favorite for a beautiful date night with my sweetheart! I loved the atmosphere and the dinner was incredible!! Service was exceptional, we will definitely be going back very soon!!

1  Thank Sabraxo