“Heard about this place and was so pleased to be able to check it out!”
Review of Marietta Diner

Marietta Diner
Ranked #1 of 25 Dessert in Marietta
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Had lunch with a friend there yesterday. Driving through Atlanta we decided to stop in and check it out after hearing about it on Diners Drive-ins and Dives.

They have an extensive menu with many many choices. I ended up picking the first thing on the list which was chicken pot pie. It came with my choice of one of about five different soups for a starter and I chose the matzoh ball soup. This was a first for me. It was really delicious.

My entrée was the chicken pot pie as I mentioned. It was huge. Four people could have shared it easily. It was very tasty and presented nicely. I have to say however that the manager came over to chat with us and we asked about an ingredient in the chicken pot pie. They were uninformed about the fact that there were artichoke hearts in the chicken pot pie. It was an interesting taste combination, but not unappealing.

The staff was all very friendly we enter face with three or four people during our lunch. We enjoyed our meal and would be pleased to return.

There are newer reviews for Marietta Diner

Reviewed August 9, 2014

First thing that comes to mind is a combination of a Waffle House/Greek Diner on Steroids.

This place is packed regardless of the time of day you stop in. Menu is extensive and covers everything from a traditional truckstop breakfast to a full course New England Pot Roast dinner or and extensive Seafood offerings.

Since we had already decided we were going to have Seafood for dinner, I settled on a NY Strip for lunch while my wife ordered Turkey with Stuffing.

Both were excellent and good examples of comfort food.

Service was very good although our poor server never got a chance to slow down and chat a bit. Atmosphere is hard to describe because it's a bit different from other diners being so much larger.

All in all, the food, the service and evertthing else about this place make it a place we will be visiting frequently as our Grandson grows.

An by the way, did I mention desserts, they have dessert offerings that are out of this world and if you saved some room after the generous portions they serve, are a must try.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Everything we had was huge portions and very very yummy. We will be returning this month and bringing more family to experience this very fun and yummy Diner. the menu is huge, something for everyone and every appetite.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I love the Marietta Diner. The menu is expansive and full of "flavortown!" If you are in the area, you should stop by and check it out. You will find something you want! And to boot, the cakes are fantastic!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Extensive breakfast Menu, waitress was friendly and allowed me healthy substitutions for Eggs Benedict entree on my order. Bought our food out quickly and every thing was good. Fun retro style atmosphere adds to the experience. Would like to try them for lunch next time we are in town. Waitress also kindly brought me a large to go cup of ice water for the drive home.

Been to Marietta Diner? Share your experiences!