“Great Breakfast Menu and Service”
Review of Marietta Diner

Marietta Diner
Ranked #1 of 25 Dessert in Marietta
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Get ready for a big serving of food. I am a very fussy breakfast person, eggs have to be perfectly cooked over medium (whites firm and yokes runny), which is the way they came out of the kitchen. Bacon and other sides nicely done also and very flavorable, very good service and well priced menu. Place is good sized, a little on the frenetic side with lots of people and servers buzzing around, but no one rushed us at all. For a well prepared breakfast, this is a winner.
Will have to try it for lunch or dinner one of these days.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,940)

Reviewed June 20, 2014

It is hard to add anything original: the place is fun and funky; It is packed and loud, but in a good way; The service is efficient; the portions are unbelievably large; the spanikopita is wonderful; the bread is not worth your time; the dessert cases are beautiful- but who has room to try them?
We shared a "Tour of Greece" platter, because we thought it seemed like a good bet in a diner that was obviously Greek, since they serve complimentary spanikopita. Of course, the meal also included soup and salad, so we shared a house salad and split pea soup. When they brought out two enormous plates of food, heaped with three kinds of meat, fries, Greek salad and stuffed grape leaves, I was sure they had misunderstood and brought us two orders. Nope, it was split. We had asked to sub rice for the fries, but that wasn't a big deal, they just brought some rice. I couldn't eat much of either. I was pretty focused on eating the meats. The served a chicken kabob, a pork kabob, and lamb souvlaki (on each plate!). I normally don't care for lamb, but that was my favorite thing! I also really liked the pork. All if it was good, but I think I'd like to try one of their pork chop plates or a pasta dish next time. I saw a lot of those come out, and they all looked good.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

This place has big portions and some of the best comfort food you'll find anywhere. They recently remodeled the entry to accommodate more people waiting for a table or booth during the cold weather. Good idea, because sometimes there are a lot! The wait is well worth it though.
And save room for one of the MANY huge pieces of cake or pie they have for dessert! I've seen bakeries that didn't have this big of a selection!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Quite frankly the location is awesome and the front of the restaurant looks cool. That being said there is nothing here that has the big WOW factor. Honestly if this restaurant was in a less popular part of town and didn't have the Diner Bling in the front then it would just be an average resteraunt.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our family decided to visit this Triple D joint and we are glad we did. We were greeted at the door and surprisingly seated right away. Our kids loved the bread that arrived after placing our order. All of food arrived quickly and we were surprised at the presentation and the size of the plates. One last thing..... Order the tiramisu!