“LOVE AT FIRST BITE...”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Nice place. Feels like your in Georgia, but you temporarily stepped into a New York atmosphere. Like a Twilight Zone moment. We ordered the Pasta w Shrimp and it was great. The way they prepared the shrimps was new to my taste buds. Never had my taste buds been that impressed by mere shrimps, but these were superb. They have a great way of preparing that dish and perhaps they ought to start thinking about marketing those secret recipes in a Marietta Diner Cook book. The deserts, oh god..., the deserts. Again, here they blow the doors off of all restaurants that I have been to in a period of say, 40 years. They are all good. Try the Cheesecake with Strawberries. I did and I thought I had died and went to heaven. I went back the next day and picked up a few deserts for takeout.
The negatives of this place? Yes, I found that the staff could make suggestions a bit more enthusiastically when you ask for help in making a selection. The menu is huge and it's not easy to make up your mind sometimes.
Negative #2: Before you order, they quickly set you up with bread and also Spinach Baklava. Bread is provided as a courtesy thing and is free at those restaurant that provide pre-order bread.
Apparently, somebody in management thinks it's cute to drop Baklava on EVERY unsuspecting new customer and put it on their bill once they swallow it. It's like the mouse took the bait, now he must pay for his "cheese". If you get 5 million new customers, multiply that by $5. You get the picture. It's a good way to ruin your reputation. Don't let them put anything on your table that you didn't order. Keep them honest and make the waiters work harder to earn those tips.
Food is great though. Open up a branch in Miami.... by the way, the Spinach Baklava, that I thought was free was also decent.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,960)

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We were just driving by & stop in for some really great food & price. They offer alot of food for the price you pay....MUST TRY & SEE FOR YOUR SELF. ... YUMMY! !!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Since we were going to spend the night in Marietta on our way to St. Simons Island, we decided to try this spot seeing how it was featured on DDD. We did not have to wait for a table and our waiter was there as soon as we sat down. I ordered the baked moussaka Athenian style with a bowl of seafood bisque soup. Since the place was operated by folks from Greece, I thought this was a safe choice since the menu is so large. I was wrong. The plate was simply not very good. The soup was good. My wife's chicken plate was good but not memorable. The bread provided with the meal might have been the worst tasting bread I have ever had at a restaurant. We took some deserts with us that were very good. The atmosphere is loud and you feel rushed during your time there. Not a bad place to stop for the novelty of being there, but would not go back for a second visit.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Good portions, very friendly staff, decent prices. I've been here twice once for lunch and again for breakfast. It's a very unique experience and would encourage anyone to try it. Don't let the "wait" intimidate u, they run that place like a well oiled machine.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I have ate here a lot. It is never disappointing. I have tried anything from the lasagna, spaghetti,Prime Rib, to the hot turkey plate. The prime rib was probably the best i've ever ate. If you leave here hungry it's your own fault. Their salads and soups are good too. Their desserts are also WONDERFUL from the cakes to the ice cream sundae.

Been to Marietta Diner? Share your experiences!