“Nice treat while traveling!”
Review of Marietta Diner

Marietta Diner
Ranked #1 of 25 Dessert in Marietta
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Now that the kids are out of the house, the wife and I enjoy little weekend getaways from east Tennessee. We often pass thru Atlanta and now have the perfect dining spot. This diner has it all. Great menu, very reasonable prices, very clean and nice atmosphere. Only about 2 miles off the interstate. Very easy to get to. I only wish I had known about The Marietta Diner sooner!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,906)

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Yes have been here on three other occasions and I have made a previous review but I thought this place was so good that I wanted to do another. The previous three visits were for lunch. We had started stopping here while on our way down to Florida from Ontario several years ago and really liked this place. On this visit it was for dinner. The place was packed at around 7pm and a waiting line was long and the time at around 30 minutes. No one seemed to mind as we didn't see anyone leave. Once we got seated after 30 minutes our order was taken as we had already decided what we wanted due to the fact that there are a stack of menus available to browse through while you are waiting. We wanted a Reuben sandwich and asked to have one order split between the two of us. We knew from past experience how large the menu items are. We have done this numerous times in other restaurants and we have always received a single order delivered with a spare empty plate so could split the order ourselves. The Marietta Diner brought us two large halves of the Reuben stacked high with corned beef, each our own pile of big crisp French fries, each a large onion ring and each a big spear of dill pickle, coleslaw and dips. All this for the price of one order. I found my half to be too large for me to eat the whole thing. Could not imagine ordering a full order for one person. Actually the staff takes this into consideration and will suggest that splits be done for most menu items. How often do you encounter that at a other restaurant? No wonder they are full all the time and open 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. Some day we will stop for breakfast which is offered all day.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

A classic diner, huge menu selection, every meal was BIG! Only go here when you are hungry...very hungry!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Accidentally happened across this cool place. The owner came by and talked to us and was very friendly and accommodating. Got the gyro platter. Very good. I mentioned to the owner that I like that gyro meat cut pretty thick and he said to tell him next time and they'll do that! Cool! He said there were 450 items on the menu! Even so, I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have chili-mac cuz that's what I was craving that night. BUT, the best thing was the fantastic looking cakes. OMG! Amazing! I got the strawberry shortcake. It was really what they call back home, a whipped cream cake. It was awesome!!!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stopped by for a late night dinner on Friday night. Well let's just say that the food left a lot to be desired and it could use a deep cleaning. the carpet was dirty and they herd the diners in like cattle. I ordered a simple cheeseburger and it was obviously a frozen patty. It lacked no taste. I've been to several greek diners in my day and this by far was the worst. I don't care if Guy Fieri stopped by for a visit on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, this place is horrendous. The only bright spot was my server, Claudia. She was a gem! But please just keep on driving past this dive!!!!

2  Thank TISAKNOWSBEST

Been to Marietta Diner? Share your experiences!